English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: So BBC iPlayer is finally tightening up...time to review your options!

So BBC iPlayer is finally tightening up...time to review your options!

Having had uninterrupted access to BBC iPlayer and also watching free Filmon for a long time . Things are changing .
    Obviously the best way to still see BBC iPlayer and have access to other stuff from around the world is to install a VPN. Lots of options free and subscription.
    I tried lots of the free ones and they are unsecure and unreliable...did all the research and the best value for money at the moment is NordVPN......there is a special offer which is $79 for two years http://nordvpn.vpn-coupons.com/ scroll doen to see the offer.
    I can now see what I want including access to my son's Amazon prime video account in the UK . The security is very good .
    The free version of Filmon is now full of adds and switches off frequently .
    A lot of reviews e.g. https://www.vpnmentor.com/reviews/nordvpn/
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Why do you use that crappy iPhone? Get a Microsoft Lumia Windows 10 Mobile.

http://www.wpxbox.com/how-to-use-vpn...ows-10-mobile/
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Why do you use that crappy iPhone? Get a Microsoft Lumia Windows 10 Mobile.

http://www.wpxbox.com/how-to-use-vpn...ows-10-mobile/

Then you don't have to worry about iCrap. Groove music let's you download music and video right to your phone or SD card. You don't get so stuck in the Apple eco system. If you run Windows on you computer or laptop they're synchronized perfectly and you can even have family calendars.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

I don't watch any stuff on my iPhone and don't listen to music on the go either. BBC iPlayer has nothing to do with Apple ......it's simply how we view TV!
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vossy7 For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (05-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    I don't watch any stuff on my iPhone and don't listen to music on the go either. BBC iPlayer has nothing to do with Apple ......it's simply how we view TV!

Oh I saw iplayer and thought it was Apple. Maybe an Xbox then or an HP Elite X3 http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-eli...e-x3-desk-dock they can hook up to any monitor. Nice phone that works kind of like a computer.

Oh I saw iplayer and thought it was Apple. Maybe an Xbox then or an HP Elite X3 http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-eli...e-x3-desk-dock they can hook up to any monitor. Nice phone that works kind of like a computer.
    Wally ,you really are a Wally and I love you for that
    ― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    Wally ,you really are a Wally and I love you for that

Sorry I don't watch TV so don't know much about it. I just saw a chance to plug Windows Phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (06-07-2017)

Sorry I don't watch TV so don't know much about it. I just saw a chance to plug Windows Phone.

Did I mention how cool Windows 10 Mobile Phones are? Or how nicely they sync up to your Windows 10 computer? Did I mention how you can just snap a photo on your Windows Phone and it just shows up on your computer in One Drive? I think I did forget to tell you how the apps that run on your phone are the same apps that run on your computer so you can start something on one then finish on the other.

Accessing BBC iPlayer is not that easy without the NordVPN, especially outside UK. If you're not sure about my selection, read NordVPN Review, you will soon be a part of Nord Network

Totally agree with you vossy7 there is no other better way to watch BBC iplayer and to access other tv streaming then a VPN.Especially in USA VPN's are best for this kind of things. and I am thinking to buy Pure VPN or one of the other VPN from this Usa VPN list.

I changed my IP to UK but I still have no access to BBC IPlayer, why?

I'm wondering if they have Samsung in Russia? Samsung is better than iPhone by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu.vix View Post
    I changed my IP to UK but I still have no access to BBC IPlayer, why?
    May be you are using a free vpn to change your ip and that free vpn is leaking your dns so BBC IPlayer is detecting your ip. Try to access it from a good VPN.