littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Native Italian Teacher Needed for a Toddler

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!

Native Italian Teacher Needed for a Toddler

Looking for a native Italian teacher for my 2.5 year old daughter. We'll start with one academic hour 1x / week then move pretty quickly to 2x / week if there's a good fit. We live walking distance (1,5 km) from Metro Akademicheskaya.

About my daughter: She has been meeting with a native Italian for almost three months but (as an English teacher for VYL myself) he has not introduced games, songs, children's books, arts and crafts, etc. to make the lessons more fun and engaging. Also IMHO he's been making the mistake of teaching only vocab without following up and introducing grammar (sentence structures) to go with the vocab. I made this mistake myself at first! i.e, my students knew action verbs but didn't know how to use them with the structures Can you, I can/can't, etc.

So, about our expectations for you:
    1. You're a native Italian speaker
    2. You've worked with or have your own children, which will help us be sure that:
    2a. You know how to make this fun and engaging for our daughter
    3. You won't speak Russian or English to our daughter!! (Well, I'm more OK with English, and I'm not a miser on this point, but the idea is that at 2.5 years old there's no huge need to translate every word into Russian or English)
    4. There may be more; my wife is in charge of this project

So, please, PM me or respond to this posting if you're interested I'm a language teacher myself, so I know the pet peeves of us teachers and can make this an enjoyable, convenient business relationship if the fit is right

And if you cannot offer to teach my daughter, you can at least tell me good places to find Italian children's books.

Have a harmonious and prosperous day, everyone
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Hello Everyone,

Still interested in an Italian teacher for our daughter. I'll keep it straightforward this time: do you speak Italian and are you a native speaker? If so, we're interested. I know you're out there!
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!