English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Divorce (again)

Divorce (again)

Starting the divorce process from a Russian citizen. No kids. Spouse has decided that I should be the one who sorts it out.

I live in Moscow but no idea how to actually get the ball rolling for this process. I know ZAGS is the place to deal with it, but that's where my knowledge ends.

Am thinking about asking a solicitor to deal with it but not sure how much it will cost.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gubbo View Post
    Starting the divorce process from a Russian citizen. No kids. Spouse has decided that I should be the one who sorts it out.

I live in Moscow but no idea how to actually get the ball rolling for this process. I know ZAGS is the place to deal with it, but that's where my knowledge ends.

Am thinking about asking a solicitor to deal with it but not sure how much it will cost.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Who wants it? You or her? Please know this, Russian girls have a thing for the overly dramatic. With no children and no property it's very simple thing. That is if you speak Russian well. My advice would be not to do a thing. Just don't do anything especially if you still live with her. And don't move out! Just don't pay her attention. Get drunk and come home smelling of cheap women. Russian women get very bored and stir crazy over winter. I've had one friend who has been married for 25 years and his wife would leave him every February and go home to mama. She would always come back in April and everything would be fine until the next February. It stopped about 5 years ago.

I have another friend who is a doctor and works like crazy. He bought a flat, two cars, twin girls and babied his wife. She in return stopped cooking and having sex with him, so he got a very young girlfriend at work. My advice was to move out and get his own place. It worked at first. Then she got better and it was new year so I told him to move back home, which he did. It was good for a month then turned bad again. He moved out again and after half a year asked for a divorce. The last time I talked with him he told me, "she wants to have sex every time I go there now" she wouldn't sign the divorce papers and now wants him back. Think about what you are doing. Women like to play games they don't understand. You could also remind her that the law has changed on domestic violence. Don't give up on her so easily if you love her. She wants a strong man that will show her the way and take good care of her and her children.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

mr krinkle (09-05-2017)

If you really love someone you will suffer anything and be glad.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

That is possibly the worst advice I've ever heard...

Our relationship has irretreviably broken down. I want out. I need help sorting things out legally.

That's it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gubbo For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (22-03-2017)

Our relationship has irretreviably broken down. I want out. I need help sorting things out legally.

That's it.

Relationships are never "irrevocable"

That's it.

Ignore Wally, he's the resident idiot.

Do it directly through ZAGS. The cost is minimal (they even have an ATM there so you can get the cash for it) and is relatively quick and painless.

As long as there are no children or joint claims on a property then you'll be fine. If there is then you WILL need a lawyer.
    It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not.

[Jeremy Taylor 1613 - 1667]

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JPS For This Useful Post:

Armoured (22-03-2017), gubbo (22-03-2017), Hans.KK (22-03-2017)

Here is a list of the ZAGS offices in Moscow.

http://en.zags-moscow.ru/

You'll need to contact your the ZAGS local to you.

From here:

Types of divorce in Russia

The Russian Family Law acknowledges two types of divorce - administrative and judicial.

The administrative divorce in Russia is usually enabled in cases of families with no children that have reached a mutual agreement. The divorce and the issue of the divorce certificate will be registered with the Registry Office within one month of filing the
    application.

The judicial divorce in Russia usually implies minor children or one of the partners does not want a divorce. In case of the judicial procedure for divorce, the court may rule on custody issues, child and spousal support, the amounts to be paid in cases of alimony and in cases of common property division.
    It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not.

[Jeremy Taylor 1613 - 1667]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JPS For This Useful Post:

gubbo (22-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Ignore Wally, he's the resident idiot.
    While I often think Wally quite wrong in a number of respects, I don't think he is always wrong, and I imagine most of us might have labels, true or not, to apply to others. Someone else might write you or me off as "the resident (whatever)".

Divorce is a tragedy, and more importantly, an avoidable tragedy. I am working on publishing a book, the thesis of which is that people don't know what they are doing when they get divorced, because they didn't know what they were doing when they got married; ie, they don't rightly understand what marriage is, and so don't understand what "undoing marriage" is.

One aspect of that is that you can get papers that declare some legal state or another, but you can't break metaphysical bonds by those papers or government stamps.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Judge (22-03-2017), nicklcool (09-05-2017), tsarski (05-12-2017), Uncle Wally (22-03-2017), vossy7 (22-03-2017), vsegdanadezhda (23-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    While I often think Wally quite wrong in a number of respects, I don't think he is always wrong, and I imagine most of us might have labels, true or not, to apply to others. Someone else might write you or me off as "the resident (whatever)".

Divorce is a tragedy, and more importantly, an avoidable tragedy. I am working on publishing a book, the thesis of which is that people don't know what they are doing when they get divorced, because they didn't know what they were doing when they got married; ie, they don't rightly understand what marriage is, and so don't understand what "undoing marriage" is.

One aspect of that is that you can get papers that declare some legal state or another, but you can't break metaphysical bonds by those papers or government stamps.

No matter what happens that person will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Sad that as we progress as a society the word means less and less and giving it is nothing. Bonds are just that, and can never be broken. We are accountable for our words, that you can't change.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (22-03-2017)

That's it.
    I agree! I HATE it when you ask one question and people answer a different question.
    You asked about filing legal papers for God's sake! And they give you a lecture in psychology.
    This reminds me of something that happened to me in the U.S. I went to a shipping company in person to inquire about shipping my stuff to Russia. The conversation went like this:
    Me: Hi! I am moving to Russia, how can I ship some boxes though your company and what would be the cost?
    Guy: WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO MOVE TO RUSSIA?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markmarkov For This Useful Post:

korotky (08-05-2017), xp@ (08-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    ...his wife would leave him every February and go home to mama. She would always come back in April and everything would be fine until the next February..
    a schizophrenic woman ))

19. The Following User Says Thank You to korotky For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (10-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by markmarkov View Post
    I agree! I HATE it when you ask one question and people answer a different question.
    You asked about filing legal papers for God's sake! And they give you a lecture in psychology.
    This reminds me of something that happened to me in the U.S. I went to a shipping company in person to inquire about shipping my stuff to Russia. The conversation went like this:
    Me: Hi! I am moving to Russia, how can I ship some boxes though your company and what would be the cost?
    Guy: WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO MOVE TO RUSSIA?
    Understandable.
    But divorce is something different. It is akin to suicide. One is the death of love (by choice), themother the death of life (by choice).

If someone asks, "How can I commit suicide?", most of you probably wouldn't give numbers of "assisted suicide" "doctors" or suggest ways to do it efficiently. You might actually ask why a person is doing it, and despite their request, actually try to dissuade them from doing it. You might try to guide them back into learning to appreciate and love their life, instead of trying to leave it. What you think of life, some of us also think true of wife.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Judge (09-05-2017), nicklcool (10-05-2017), Uncle Wally (10-05-2017)