littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: News about new migration center on varshavskoe Shosse

News about new migration center on varshavskoe Shosse

Went to this center today outside Moscow on the Varshavskoe Shosse. The one on Novoslobodskaya is shut down. All applications for residency and citizenship are made here.

A few salient facts:

1. Russian citizens are not allowed onto the facilities of the center, only non-citizens. There is parking, it costs 50 R per hour. A bus goes from the nearest Metro station called ďAnnino".
    2. I arrived at 8 a.m. and in twenty minutes got an appointment to submit an application (in my case for citizenship) on the 26th of December. No confusion or long lines or bothersome third parties. Only the applicant can get the appointment to submit an application. Bring your passport to do this.
    3. Itís possible to get advice for 2500 R on how to prepare the application (for residency or citizenship) at the center...I paid for this service it was money well spent. For 5000 Rubles your application can be prepared by an expert at the site. There was no line to get this advice when I was at the center.
    4. The site is spacious, clean, well organized. The absence of Russian citizens means no advisors, lawyers or third parties are at the center, thinking about ways to make money by helping people avoid lines. Finally.

The good news is that its possible to easily sign up in advance to apply for residency or citizenship. Patents are also obtained at this location. Also medical exams and, I imagine, Russian tests are possible as well.

Those who donít speak Russian might find it challenging. A foreigner canít go to the center without his or her Russian speaking spouse. My wife went with me and had to wait for me in the car. If you arrive with your spouse by bus, I donít know where the waiting area is.

Here is the web site: http://mc.mos.ru/contacts/info/. It is open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. weekdays.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Armoured (07-12-2016), Benedikt (09-12-2016), cheriedeperth (07-12-2016), FatAndy (07-12-2016), JPS (07-12-2016), Judge (07-12-2016), nicklcool (12-12-2016), tasel (11-12-2016), vossy7 (07-12-2016), xp@ (09-12-2016)

http://mc.mos.ru/residence-permit-citizenship/ - another piece of useful info of the cener

Mind logical zoning they organised for different procedures/activities. From mobile version I can't see any other language version than Russian, maybe later on.

http://mc.mos.ru/question-answer/ QnA
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (07-12-2016)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Super post xt-tsi
    Big thanks for sharing, good luck with getting citizenship...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

vossy7 (07-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Those who don’t speak Russian might find it challenging. A foreigner can’t go to the center without his or her Russian speaking spouse. My wife went with me and had to wait for me in the car. If you arrive with your spouse by bus, I don’t know where the waiting area is.
    WTF they're not only moving the migration center to some craphole beyond MKAD, they're also not letting relatives in? The whole migration thing is getting crazier and crazier every year, first the language tests, now this... So do they check if you have a valid migration card or just having a foreign passport would be enough to enter? If the latter, at least some Russian spouses can enter on their foreign passport..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiancai For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (09-12-2016), nicklcool (12-12-2016)

The only thing needed to get onto the site is a foreign passport. When I went through, that’s all they checked. Didn’t ask for a migration card or anything else. My spouse has a foreign passport and could have come with me.

Although it’s out in the middle of nowhere in a craphole, now applicants can quickly get an appointment to submit docs on a definite day and time. This is something that has never been possible in Russia before. It is a big improvement over the chaos at Novoslobodskaya 45 and the old UFMS centers where getting in to see an inspector was a corrupt nightmare. The absence of 3rd parties, lawyers and various sleazy consultants clogging up the lines is a welcome change. It means that although you have to go a long ways to get to the center, once you get there docs can be submitted more or less at an appointed time and day. That’s an improvement over the old system and a time saver.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Armoured (09-12-2016), ezik (21-04-2017), FatAndy (09-12-2016), Hans.KK (09-12-2016), nicklcool (12-12-2016), Tiancai (09-12-2016), xp@ (09-12-2016)

It is a big improvement over the chaos at Novoslobodskaya 45 and the old UFMS centers where getting in to see an inspector was a corrupt nightmare. The absence of 3rd parties, lawyers and various sleazy consultants clogging up the lines is a welcome change. It means that although you have to go a long ways to get to the center, once you get there docs can be submitted more or less at an appointed time and day. That’s an improvement over the old system and a time saver.
    Thanks for the info. Encouraging so far.

The test though will be if it's still like this in a year or so. Sorry to be cynical, but far too often these new systems end up rotting back to what they were before, but with the disadvantages of the 'innovation.'

In other words, I'm concerned they end up with another Novoslobodskaya 45, but at the back end of beyond.

But let's hope it sticks.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (09-12-2016), nicklcool (12-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiancai View Post
    WTF they're not only moving the migration center to some craphole beyond MKAD, they're also not letting relatives in? The whole migration thing is getting crazier and crazier every year, first the language tests, now this... So do they check if you have a valid migration card or just having a foreign passport would be enough to enter? If the latter, at least some Russian spouses can enter on their foreign passport..
    what does it worry you!? you are a russian, whatfor would you go out there and do what?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Although it’s out in the middle of nowhere in a craphole, now applicants can quickly get an appointment to submit docs on a definite day and time.
    How is this done, exactly? Do you have to visit to make an appointment (which would be stupid but par for the course) or can you make the appointment online?
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    what does it worry you!? you are a russian, whatfor would you go out there and do what?
    Well, I might have to go there to apply for some sort of status for my wife someday, for the time being we got it covered with her having gotten a residence permit in a neighboring country, so she can go for a visa run there every 3 months without much expenses, but we'll probably get her TRP once she learns enough Russian to pass the test (yeah, there are options to buy the results, but we decided against it).

HI!
    as mentioned in my previous post - a Russian spouse can go in, is she has a power of attorney to represent the husband with state authorities. I went in by showing my PoA.
    :-)
    PS a bit of moral support always helps!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pudding For This Useful Post:

JPS (12-12-2016), nicklcool (12-12-2016), vossy7 (12-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by pudding View Post
    HI!
    as mentioned in my previous post - a Russian spouse can go in, is she has a power of attorney to represent the husband with state authorities. I went in by showing my PoA.
    :-)
    PS a bit of moral support always helps!
    What's a power of attorney, do you have to be a lawyer or something? If so, that's not gonna help most people, as going to law school will take more time and money than getting another passport.

What's a power of attorney, do you have to be a lawyer or something? If so, that's not gonna help most people, as going to law school will take more time and money than getting another passport.
    you might want to read up here? i copied the / russian / part out from WIKI.the way i understand it, one does not have to be a lawyer but should know what one is talking about. but the document for sure should be drawn up by a lawyer.
    Russia[edit]
    Under Russian law, specifically art. 185 of the Russian Civil Code, a power of attorney may be executed under hand or in notarial form.[15] The power of attorney to act must be notarially executed. Notarial execution is required for any power of attorney made for concluding a contract subject to special public recordation, namely those dealing with interests in immovable property.[16]
    A power of attorney, pursuant to art. 186 of the Russian Civil Code, must also be dated.[15] Any POA without an express date of execution is void.
    Predstavitelstvo, Doverennost (Russian)
    A power of attorney can be irrevocable. The grantor may terminate the POA at any time at his or her sole discretion. Any waiver of this right is void, as provided by the Civil Code.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Oh I get it, thanks for clearing it up. I guess that might be useful for quite a few people, though you'd have to hand over your money to a notary to get one of those, so it's still more practical to show your other passport if you have one.

Any Russian notary (нотариус) can draw up a power of attorney (доверенность) for you. The last one i got cost about 2000 rubles. A power of attorney is a document that authorizes one person to legally act on behalf of another person. Neither of them need to be lawyers.

All Russian notaries are lawyers and are licensed by the government.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (12-12-2016), nicklcool (12-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Any Russian notary (нотариус) can draw up a power of attorney (доверенность) for you. The last one i got cost about 2000 rubles. A power of attorney is a document that authorizes one person to legally act on behalf of another person. Neither of them need to be lawyers.

All Russian notaries are lawyers and are licensed by the government.
    Yeah, I realized it after Benedikt explained what it was. Just didn't know you could use it in such cases. But it's a pain to get one if the foreigner in question doesn't speak Russian, cause the notary requires you to have a qualified translator present for the procedure (and you can't act as a translator for someone yourself even if you're qualified to do so if the power of attorney is addressed to you, cause the notary believes you might mistranslate something to give yourself more power).

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast