English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Agency to help with Marriage Paperwork

Agency to help with Marriage Paperwork

I am a UK citizen currently living in Novosibirsk, and wanting to marry a Russian national here.

I understand that catching a flight to Moscow to attend an appointment at the Embassy is unavoidable if I want to receive a Certificate of No Impediment. However, the real stickler is that I must hang around in Moscow for a few weeks whilst I wait for the issuing of the certificate and it's subsequent legalization. Is it possible to pay an agency to collect the certificate and get it legalized and then post it to me, or is several weeks in Moscow unavoidable?

If that is the case then do what I did - pop back to the UK and get it there and then / same-day.

You'll still need to have it translated and notarized.

I thought about this, but is it really possible get it done in one day? Isn't there an obligatory waiting period, or is there some way around this? The information I've found online seems to indicate a wait of several weeks.

Few weeks? OMFG... ten years ago I received UK visa at the same day... well... usual business one, 180 days.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

An quick update on this. I have found out that basically I need to do everything in person which is a real pain in the proverbial.

Rather unhelpfully when I tried to find out about acquiring a Certificate of No Impediment in the UK I was told that the registry officers don't answer the phone. They will ring back, but only to a UK number. I'm going back to the UK for Christmas and will hopefully find out more. But this isn't looking like a great option either.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    An quick update on this. I have found out that basically I need to do everything in person which is a real pain in the proverbial.

Rather unhelpfully when I tried to find out about acquiring a Certificate of No Impediment in the UK I was told that the registry officers don't answer the phone. They will ring back, but only to a UK number. I'm going back to the UK for Christmas and will hopefully find out more. But this isn't looking like a great option either.
    it seems indeed that every country has different laws. i could do everything i needed via e mail and the Austrian consulate. took me two weeks. but just because we missed the first return of the diplomatic mail pouch. and that comes only once a week....
    definitely no reason to laugh and have fun about the russian bureaucrats. not ment specific you or anyone in particular. - ours- are not much better either....chair pushers and stamp pad polishers, the same all over the world. fair enough also, i did my papers quite a few years back. might have changed at our consulate as well...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....