English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Getting citizenship if living overseas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Thanked: 2

    Getting citizenship if living overseas

    Hi everyone,
    First I decided to get TRP here and then get my husband a permanent visa in Australia but ultimately Australia is harder to get permanent visa/citizenship so we have been going through that process first.
    However I do eventually want Russian citizenship as I consider it my second home living here for a couple of years on student visas and such. Is there any way to get Russian citizenship without living there permanently if married? Like, can I go through the trp>prp>citizenship route without always being in Russia? I presume you have to be in Russia for them to stay valid. We spend about 6 months in AU and 6 months in Russia so getting visas is annoying, I just wish I had citizenship already.
    Is there anyway to get trp/prp and then apply for citizenship in the space of a few months?
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Thanked: 185
    You don't need to stay in Russia, as long as you've been married for 3 years or more you can get citizenship. You can apply for TRP, then leave and come back to pick up your TRP, then apply for PRP right away, and then leave and come back to pick up the PRP and apply for citizenship right after than.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts