littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Polyanka Metro Area

Polyanka Metro Area

Hi Everyone!

I have been to Moscow a couple of times last year and loved it. I'm looking to come to spend a more extended period there from March onwards and am looking for an apartment. It is proving tricky as I have literally no idea of which areas or good or bad. The apartment that appeals to me most is on Ulitsa Malaya Polyanka, is 45sqm and 70K rubles. I therefore have a few questions if you don't mind...

1. Is this a good street / area?
    2. Is the price negotiable... I want to offer 50k, might let them bid me up to 60k. Is this realistic?

Does anyone have any other suggested areas that are convenient for daily commuting to Balchug?

Thanks in advance from a newbie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alex101 For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (25-06-2016)

1. Not a bad one, but not much green zones around.
    2. The deal w/o negotiation... it's like somewhat supermarket - saves time, but no fun.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
    I have literally no idea of which areas or good or bad.
    Almost everywhere in Moscow is a good place to live in the general sense - there are few (if any?) 'dodgy' areas. So then it's a case of looking into what is important to you in an area: close to a metro, near to a park/woods, restaurants, small shops, markets, shopping centre, nightlife, etc. Your commute to work is very important to consider - if driving, minimise the amount of travel towards the centre or around the garden ring/MKAD in the mornings.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kartoshka For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (23-01-2016), Russian Lad (25-06-2016), Uncle Wally (22-01-2016)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    1. Not a bad one, but not much green zones around.
    2. The deal w/o negotiation... it's like somewhat supermarket - saves time, but no fun.
    Gorky Park is just around the corner.

If you like the busy life of the centre the area is great, you have everything on your doorstep.

For you sure can haggle over the price, but I don't think they will move much,maybe about 60-65000ru

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by alex101 View Post
    ....Does anyone have any other suggested areas that are convenient for daily commuting to Balchug.........
    Two of my favorite places in Moscow to live, Novokuznetskaya & Tretyakovskaya. Walking distance to Balchug..

Nice place, have a friend who lives on the same street. There is a supermarket close and they just put in a Burger King if you're into that. Very safe neighborhood and you can walk to the Kremlin and a few good bars. The river and one of if not the best parks in Moscow within walking distance.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Feedback about this area seems generally good from you all. Thanks so much for your quick replies and I will let you know how I get on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to alex101 For This Useful Post:

Russian Lad (25-06-2016)