littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Prolonging your PRP

Prolonging your PRP

I submitted my documents for prolonging my PRP today. Thought it would be handy to share some wisdom.

Needed documents:
    - A filled in form called Заявление о продлении срока действия вида на жительство (приложение № 6 к названному Административному регламенту) для продления срока действия вида на жительство заявитель подает в территориальный орган ФМС России
    - Notarized Translation of your passport (mind the expiry dates!!!)
    - Copy of your PRP
    - Copy of your latest confirmation of residence (the annual registration). They might at the desk for previous ones - I had only the last and it was no problem
    - Copy of the page in your PRP where your address is written in a stamp
    - If you got your PRP based on a marriage: number of your marriage certificate, but I'd suggest you bring it with you
    - If you recently renewed your passport: take the old one, along with the aforementioned Notarized Translation
    - If you are employed: ask your employer for an NDFL statement. I didn't have it, just a Spravka stating my monthly salary, but I had to put in some effort for it being accepted. So, NDFL is the keyword. Otherwise, any financial statement you get accepted during your annual re-registration, same rules apply.
    - NEW! A certificate proving that you have sufficient knowledge of the Russian language, history/culture and laws. You can find accredited examination centers here: https://77.fms.gov.ru/work_migration/rus. Count on a 5000 rur fee to complete the exam. Count on more if you don't feel confident.
    - A receipt of the bank, proving that you paid the dues of 3500 rubles. Payment codes are listed here https://77.fms.gov.ru/temp_residence/Oplata_gosposhlini is you want to do it electronically. But I simply asked for requisites at the reception on the 3rd floor to prevent any typos with these huge account numbers. Also, a stamped bank receipt is more impressive.

Where to apply
    After working with UFMS offices for foreigners in the Okrugs (which was a huge improvement in service), all foreigners in Moscow are now required to go to ONE, central UFMS office for foreigners, on Novoslobodskaya 45 B.
    So that's here: https://77.fms.gov.ru/about/structure/division/20/
    You need the third floor. And if you applied for a PRP five years ago, you are not going to like the change. But I'll elaborate in a separate thread.

Time lines
    Your application to prolong your PRP has to be accepted two months before it expires. Be one day too late and you'll face serious trouble!
    Now, if your PRP expires on e.g. June 30, going for the first time to Novoslobodskaya 45B on April 30 is a bad idea. Start weeks earlier, start months earlier. This has all to do with the queues in the new central UFMS office for foreigners.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ezik For This Useful Post:

austrian54 (23-10-2016), FatAndy (25-03-2016), ferns1john (25-04-2016), Hans.KK (02-04-2016), Judge (29-03-2016), nicklcool (02-04-2016), rusmeister (26-03-2016), tasel (26-03-2016), vossy7 (02-04-2016), xp@ (26-03-2016)

Sounds really nasty. I wonder if I need to do the same queuing for just an annual reregistration?

Things are defenitely becoming more and more repressive here. I've already been waiting for 7 months for vid na Zhetelstvo. Nothing yet. I wonder how many months it's gonna take me to get in the queue getting picking up that paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinoud.Wiers View Post
    Sounds really nasty. I wonder if I need to do the same queuing for just an annual reregistration?
    I just did the annual registration at my local multifunctional center. Took about 5 minutes. No queue.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

ezik (04-04-2016)

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    my local multifunctional center.
    I thought the whole point of the Novoslobodskaya 45 thing is that they closed all the local (Administrativnyi Okrug) offices and shipped them over to this one central office? Which local office are you referring to?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    I thought the whole point of the Novoslobodskaya 45 thing is that they closed all the local (Administrativnyi Okrug) offices and shipped them over to this one central office? Which local office are you referring to?
    Residency - temporary and permanent - is applied for and issued at Novoslobodskaya 45.

Registration and annual reporting are done in the multifunctional centers, which are super efficient and user-friendly.

The centers are called "Мои Документы."

Here is a link that has the contact info for all of them: http://md.mos.ru/find-your-dcp/structure/
    Last edited by xp@; 03-04-2016 at 00:52.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

ezik (04-04-2016), nicklcool (03-04-2016), Salsero (26-06-2016)

Reinoud, if you are waiting for a polite call from UFMS that your document is ready... Don't hold your breath.
    7 months is way too long, so it is best to actively chase UFMS on the status of your application. If you already did, what is the reason they give you for the document not being ready?
    When I first applied, I was waiting and waiting and waiting, and then when I finally found out what was wrong, it was the fact that my passport would expire within 6 months. Nobody bothered to call me or anything.
    As the service hasn't got any better (unless you pay), there might be just a small issue blocking UFMS to issue your PRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinoud.Wiers View Post

Things are defenitely becoming more and more repressive here. I've already been waiting for 7 months for vid na Zhetelstvo. Nothing yet. I wonder how many months it's gonna take me to get in the queue getting picking up that paper.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ezik For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (11-04-2016)

A relief applied on Friday for extension of Permanent stay. Hope the information I give will help someone.

-Try to take queue on line twice on separate days as I did as no guarantee that you will pass in the 1st attempt. Monitor on line registration everyday as suddenly they open queue for any day and any time.
    -Also I applied 5 months prior to expiry.

*Documents I submitted were:
    #Application
    #Passport Translation
    #2Ndfl. I submitted as I am working. Do match the name with the passport translation and Permanent stay copy.
    #Russian Language Certificate
    #Copy of latest confirmation of residence (the annual registration). Take the Original also.
    #Copy Of Permanent stay
    #Payment receipt of 3500 (Original)
    #My PRP was based on Marriage I had Carried Marriage certificate but they never asked anyways do carry the Marriage certificate never know all depends on the mood of the Inspector.

*Do match all data of you’re should be the same in the entire documents example: name, country etc. Good Luck every one.

I work as an English teacher and have always had problems with getting legally paid. Less than 5% of language schools are willing to pay into a bank account. The ones that do, always give you the worst deal on the market. I am lucky enough (or maybe suffered enough ) to get a PRP. I had one school pay me legally for a short while, just 3 months even though I had worked there much longer. It took some begging and moaning on my part to get it, but eventually I was paid legally. Unfortunately, I no longer work at this institution. With my annual PRP re-registration slowly approaching, I am afraid they will not let me reregister. Worse, even if those three months of legal salary would help, the company that I worked at refuses to give me the 2ndfl anyway.
    What should I do? I found a language school that will give me a legal salary but I will be forced to work 6 days a week for 40,000 rubles a month. I have a family to take care of.
    I have decent computer skills. Should I try to just change professions? Is it easier to find legal work in a different field? It's a shame. I like teaching English, and I think I am good at it.

I don't want to lose my PRP or the ability to prolong it when it is up. I've bled (literally) to get it.

A bit depressed by all of this. The idea of having to go back to visas and work like a slave for 30,000 or 40,000 rubles a month is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by silentNight View Post
    With my annual PRP re-registration slowly approaching, I am afraid they will not let me reregister.
    I don't want to lose my PRP or the ability to prolong it when it is up. I've bled (literally) to get it.
    Despite what is shown on the registration form, all you really have to do for your annual PRP registration is give them a fresh bank statement showing a balance equal to 12 minimum monthly salaries. The current sum required is 210,000 rubles. You don't need to show current or past income, you don't need to provide proof of employment, and you don't need to provide a 2NDFL.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (08-05-2016)

Hi Reinoud.Wiers.

You can now check online for the status of your PRP application.
    Go here: http://гувм.мвд.рф/services/residence

:-)
    Ours also took 7 month.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pudding For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (11-05-2016)

Picking up the Prolonged PRP
    So, two months after submitting the documents for my PRP prolongation, this week I got up early and decided to find out what the process is of actually picking it up. In the thread about the Novoslobodskaya 45 B office I posted an update on some changes there, but, trust me, there is still confusion about where to queue for what and volunteers keeping lists. Anyway, let's focus on picking up your ready PRP. Some tips.

SPRAVKA
    If you handed in your paperwork, you probably remember getting the Spravka, as a proof that your documents were accepted. If you don't know where you have it, FIND IT NOW! And if your old PRP (or TRP) is expiring soon, FIND IT YESTERDAY!

PROBABLY, IT'S NOT READY
    Due to the centralization of migration services (and the resulting under-staffing), there is a backlog of 1-2 weeks in handling renewals of PRPs. New PRPs and TRPs probably suffer more delay. If you have by now found your Spravka (see previous point), don't worry.

PICK THE RIGHT QUEUE (New TRP/PRP)
    If you need to pick up a new TRP/PRP, you will first have to:
    - find out if your Permit is ready
    - jump through hoops like submitting your fingerprints, etc.
    For these activities, you need to join the queue for the Information Window. Here's what you do:
    Show up early. I'd recommend 6.30 - 7:00 AM.
    Enter the building and go RIGHT on the 1st floor. At the waiting area for Visa (which is only opening much later), there will be people, lots of them, and there will be some woman keeping a list. As around who is keeping the list, go there, mention your surname and remember your number. Do not leave! Find out who is queuing in front of you and who will be after you. You need the one in front of you, so he/she can defend your number in the queue in case you go to the toilet, get a coffee or have a smoke. The person after you expects the same from you, so he/she is depending on you like the person you depend on in front of you.
    At 8:00, tickets are handed out on the 3rd floor. From your group 20-30 people will be allowed to go up at one time. If your queue number is below 60, you have a good chance of making it, really be early. Of course you can decide to jump the queue and not join the collective, but that might involve health risks.
    If you made it and got a ticket, follow the herd and find out from others what's next. I have not gone this route, but I imagine that there are a few more hurdles to take.

PICK THE RIGHT QUEUE (PRP renewal)
    Show up early and head straight to the 3rd floor. Turn left and walk towards the end of the room (Vydacha Gotovy Dokumenty). Stand close to the ticket machine, untill the girls start handing out the tickets. Keep in mind that tickets are handed out until 9:00 AM. The amount of tickets will be around 80, but count on about 10-12 tickets being processed per hour. Get the ticket, wait for your turn and get things done.

ELECTRONIC QUEUE
    I've not yet found the electronic queue functionality on the new website yet, but it is worth trying to. Electronic appointments get priority, I found out today.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezik For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (26-05-2016), Judge (26-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    Electronic appointments get priority, I found out today.
    Well, in FMS for Russian cirizens it's so for several years already, even before Gosuslugi launched. My internal passport application in 2011 and last two international passports in 2008 and 2013 were submitted via e-queue appointments on the website.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    Despite what is shown on the registration form, all you really have to do for your annual PRP registration is give them a fresh bank statement showing a balance equal to 12 minimum monthly salaries. The current sum required is 210,000 rubles. You don't need to show current or past income, you don't need to provide proof of employment, and you don't need to provide a 2NDFL.
    Is that only for PRP ? cos a mate who was on TRP, a bank statement with his name wasn't good enough for his annual registration, maybe some places accept a bank statement others don't. ..where the bank statement wasn't accept was in the Begovaya area.

Quote Originally Posted by ferns1john View Post
    A relief applied on Friday for extension of Permanent stay. Hope the information I give will help someone.

-Try to take queue on line twice on separate days as I did as no guarantee that you will pass in the 1st attempt. Monitor on line registration everyday as suddenly they open queue for any day and any time.
    -Also I applied 5 months prior to expiry.

*Documents I submitted were:
    #Application
    #Passport Translation
    #2Ndfl. I submitted as I am working. Do match the name with the passport translation and Permanent stay copy.
    #Russian Language Certificate
    #Copy of latest confirmation of residence (the annual registration). Take the Original also.
    #Copy Of Permanent stay
    #Payment receipt of 3500 (Original)
    #My PRP was based on Marriage I had Carried Marriage certificate but they never asked anyways do carry the Marriage certificate never know all depends on the mood of the Inspector.

*Do match all data of you’re should be the same in the entire documents example: name, country etc. Good Luck every one.
    What is a "copy of permanent stay?" Proof of housing?

Also, what are the required time ranges for the income section of the application form? From Jan 1 of current year up to date of application? Previous year?
    2NDFL for only current year, or previous year as well?
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton