littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: A Russian teacher who can REALLY teach me????

A Russian teacher who can REALLY teach me????

Hi. That heading sounds rude maybe. I don't mean it that way. I am just so frustrated. I live in Moscow. I am an English teacher. I am very effective. I take apart my language from the first lesson and work and work every verb, related nouns, in different tenses with my students. We review, review, review, and speak constantly in class. I take one paragraph and use it for maybe several hours of lessons. My students do not just go through a new subject and then move on to never use the skills learned again. Thus they progress. Yet I can't find a Russian teacher who can do this with ME. HELP! I am at solid intermediate in reading and grammar, but cannot speak above beginning and never grow.

If any of this makes sense and IF you can GROW my language, send me a Private Message.

I promise I am very friendly despite the tone of this post. I need someone who can pull Russian apart for me, build my skills, and get me speaking.

Again, HELP!

Hello,
    Sorry for I don't call you by name as I don't know it. My name is Ekaterina. I'm a teacher of Russian to foreigners with 17 years of experience. And all of these years I've been teaching my students exactly the way you describe (review, review, review and speak constantly in class). You can also check my personal website: ohrussian.com. Some of my students mentioned this feature of my teaching style in their feedbacks. If it's interesting for you, you can email me: krisanovae@mail.ru.

Best regards,
    Ekaterina

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Krisanovae For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (16-03-2016)

I'm sorry, I don't know how to send a private message here

Quote Originally Posted by Krisanovae View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know how to send a private message here
    Тыкнуть мышой или пальцем на синенькое имя будущего адресата в его сообщении, вывалится беленькая менюшечка, в ней тыкнуть мышой или пальцем на кувертик с надписью рядом Private message. А дальше откроется окно, почти как в любом почтовом клиенте, с полями на аглицком - Кому, Тема, Копия и т.д.
    Наберите в большом окошке сообщение, тыкните в кнопочку Send message. После этого на левой узкой панели зайдите в папочку Sent messages - для проверки (это особенно рекомендуется делать, если Вы на "рваном" беспроводном соединении) - для проверки, что оно действительно уехало.
    "Ждите ответа... Ждите ответа..."
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

RusLena (16-03-2016)

Спасибо. Но тыкала, обтыкалась. Не вываливается конвертик. Вываливается "about me", "visitor messages", "+ add as a friend". Может, надо сначала в друзья добавить? Или вообще эта функция с телефона не работает, только с компа? Я до компа все дойти не могу, с телефона смотрю...

Не надо кого попало в друзья добавлять, это может быть чревато боком . Вот прямо рядом с Диким Прапором на моей аватарке в этом сообщении написано FatAndy синеньким. Тынц туда - вывалится менюшка с Private Message. То же и с BjandDouble в оригинальном сообщении.
    All the world's Kremlin,

А у вас с телефона это вываливается? У меня не вываливается, хоть убей. Спасибо за совет, в друзья добавлять не буду. Вечером дома с компа посмотрю

Ну, видимо, зависит от того, что за телефон и чем смотрите с него.
    У меня с телефонопланшетки, Асус Фонепад на Атоме. Андроид 4.4.2, бравзер Гугль Хром 49.0.чего-то-там всё работает.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Да, видимо зависит. У меня Sony Xperia. Смотрю из гугла, не знаю, какого

Ура! Получилось послать private message, даже с телефона. Оказывается, там надо было кликнуть на полную версию сайта, чтоб все описанное вывалилось, куда надо. Спасибо за помощь!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Krisanovae For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (16-03-2016)

А, тада ясно. Я просто никогда не пользуюсь мабильными версиями сайтов, они обычно кривые и обрезанные по... ну, ощем, по это самое...
    Видимо, в самом начале автгматически клацнул по полной версии, она в куках и осталась.

Ok, so the issue with PMing is solved (better to use full site version even on mobile devices) and comrade BjandDouble will get irresistable offers soon
    All the world's Kremlin,