littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: WESTERN DEBIT CARDS

WESTERN DEBIT CARDS

My debit card via chase no longer works in Moscow? Went to many bankomats nothing. Called my bank no block nothing. Did Russia finally close?

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Quote Originally Posted by zzhhst View Post
    My debit card via chase no longer works in Moscow? Went to many bankomats nothing. Called my bank no block nothing. Did Russia finally close?
    It could be the comms links are down, and just need to wait a few hours. Sometimes the bank does maintenance and shuts down the system for some purpose, they should have told you when you rung if that was the case. Maybe chase is about to close? Another american bank to go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    It could be the comms links are down, and just need to wait a few hours. Sometimes the bank does maintenance and shuts down the system for some purpose, they should have told you when you rung if that was the case. Maybe chase is about to close? Another american bank to go bankrupt.
    Thank you but no. I try for 3 days already. Debit works fine everywhere only problem is Moscow.

Thank you but no. I try for 3 days already. Debit works fine everywhere only problem is Moscow.
    mine, Mastercard from Raiffeisen, just worked fine. no problem here.which bank did issue your card?
    how long are you here in Moscow already? have you been back home and something maybe has changed at/with your bank? have you notified your bank? i see that you have /USA and Germany/ as location. maybe ONE bank is doing something and the other does not know anything about it? have you been sitting on your card? has it been somewhere near a strong magnet?- all these things can affect the workings of your card...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    mine, Mastercard from Raiffeisen, just worked fine. no problem here.which bank did issue your card?
    how long are you here in Moscow already? have you been back home and something maybe has changed at/with your bank? have you notified your bank? i see that you have /USA and Germany/ as location. maybe ONE bank is doing something and the other does not know anything about it? have you been sitting on your card? has it been somewhere near a strong magnet?- all these things can affect the workings of your card...
    I have VISA from Chase Manhattan. It is business account. I have not had problem for 12 years only now. Yes, I call Chase back in America. Ask if there is problem. They said no. My personal debit card works ok. Mainly, I use Sberbank. I need to pay my employees. I can pay regardless was just wondering if other people have problem. I was thinking the same thing about use of card in 3 countries in 1 week. They say no. I use in America, Brussels, and Munich. I get to Moscow dead.

I have VISA from Chase Manhattan. It is business account. I have not had problem for 12 years only now. Yes, I call Chase back in America. Ask if there is problem. They said no. My personal debit card works ok. Mainly, I use Sberbank. I need to pay my employees. I can pay regardless was just wondering if other people have problem. I was thinking the same thing about use of card in 3 countries in 1 week. They say no. I use in America, Brussels, and Munich. I get to Moscow dead.
    Well now it is working. Just for information Citi Bank deals with Visa Sberbank works also. Perhaps they were making computer upgrades with the bankomats? No one seems to know. But in any case all good.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zzhhst For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (17-02-2016), FatAndy (16-02-2016), natlee (17-02-2016), Uncle Wally (16-02-2016)

Well now it is working. Just for information Citi Bank deals with Visa Sberbank works also. Perhaps they were making computer upgrades with the bankomats? No one seems to know. But in any case all good.
    did you try only one ATM or several. it DOES happen,very rarely though, also with my bank that for reasons unknown one ATM works and the one next to it does not want to know me...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....