littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Suggestions for getting started teaching English?

Suggestions for getting started teaching English?

I would like to relocate to Russia and I understand teaching English is one of the few opportunities for a foreigner to obtain employment in Russia. I would like any suggestions anyone can offer on making the transition. A bit about me, I am 45. I attended 4 years of college at Indiana University however, I did not obtain my degree. I have worked in and invested in the Real Estate field for a number of years. Ya znau medleno Russki Yezik. I am by no means fluent but I can speak and write Pusski yezik at a low level. I have 1000 a month of income that will travel with me so I can supplement the wages I earn in Russia. This I think should enable me to accept an entry level salary to begin with that may not completely cover my living expenses. What I would like to find is a School or agency who will employ me and give me experience, while I learn the language and the culture; in return I can work for a lower wage in exchange for help with the Visa process and providing my initial boarding. I am signed up to take the Oxford Seminar TESL course.

I would greatly appreciate any advise and insights anyone can provide me with.

Sincerely,

Byron

what a coincidence, someone is looking for a teacher....
    http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php...nglish-teacher

I would greatly appreciate any advise and insights anyone can provide me with.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....