littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Best area to be based?

Best area to be based?

Hello, looking for advice here. My son is relocating for study purposes to Fruneskaya. I will be going with him to settle him in. I have booked an apartment in the same neighbour hood but am worried that I would be better off in a hotel where I can ask where to buy things etc etc. If I were to book a hotel please can anyone suggest one that is on the red line not too far from Fruneskaya? Or is that area OK to start out? We have very little Russian language and are very 'green' to all things Russian. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    Hello, looking for advice here. My son is relocating for study purposes to Fruneskaya. I will be going with him to settle him in. I have booked an apartment in the same neighbour hood but am worried that I would be better off in a hotel where I can ask where to buy things etc etc. If I were to book a hotel please can anyone suggest one that is on the red line not too far from Fruneskaya? Or is that area OK to start out? We have very little Russian language and are very 'green' to all things Russian. Thank you.

It's a very good neighborhood maybe one of the best.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Viola (08-11-2015)

Is there much there, like shops and restaurants? and how far are department stores to buy basics. Thanks.

Frunsenskaya is avery good area. also many small and bigger shops,eating places, more or less on every corner. i lived there and liked it. plenty public transport to the METRO.or further up to Park Kultur. and a sort walk to Gorky Park. ON the other end a short hop to Metro Sportivnaya and there you are in Lushniki. everything for sport...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

frunse is nice

sorry it was double post, so i deleted one.

Supermarkets, mini-markets and "corner shops" (produkti) are commonplace and he shouldn't have any trouble finding somewhere to buy food and the essentials.

The larger supermarkets tend to be European (Globus and Auchan) and they are further out of town.

Hotels nearby - Here is a list of hotels near Frunsenskaya via booking.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JPS For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (22-10-2015)

The area is very well developed, as comrades said already, although a bit pricey.

Your son will go to 1st Medical Inst/Sechenov Academy?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

There is an Auchan 3 or 4 kilometers away at University metro.

The Frunzenskaya metro station will soon be closed for repairs, and will remain closed for about 14 months.

http://runews24.ru/moscow/22102015-%...80%D0%BE%D0%B2

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    The Frunzenskaya metro station will soon be closed for repairs, and will remain closed for about 14 months.

http://runews24.ru/moscow/22102015-%...80%D0%BE%D0%B2
    no problem,because there is plenty public transport to Sportivnaya or Park Kultur. might be a little bit inconvenient but not impossible.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (23-10-2015)

How old is your son? If he is coming here to study but doesn't speak Russian, surely his school/university are used to set up for providing support to foreigners, advice, etc. How long will you be staying for?

kasakscha Guest
    Yes, its very nice there.