littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Shipping my stuff back to United Kingdom

Shipping my stuff back to United Kingdom

I'm looking to ship a load of clothes, books and bits and pieces back to London from Moscow. Maybe around 130kg worth of stuff.

Can anyone suggest a good value company to use?

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrows View Post
    I'm looking to ship a load of clothes, books and bits and pieces back to London from Moscow. Maybe around 130kg worth of stuff.

Can anyone suggest a good value company to use?
    Pochta Rossii does 20 kg parcels by 4355+ rub, usual horse, 13-21 days, faster horse 8-12 days - 4655+ rub, fastest horse 4-6 days, 6400+ rub. Intl pochtamt is at Varshavskoe shosse, 37.

https://pochta.ru/parcels
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

abhilife2001 (31-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Pochta Rossii does 20 kg parcels by 4355+ rub, usual horse, 13-21 days, faster horse 8-12 days - 4655+ rub, fastest horse 4-6 days, 6400+ rub. Intl pochtamt is at Varshavskoe shosse, 37.

https://pochta.ru/parcels
    aha.. I too checked this site as was curious to check rates and this seems quite acceptable pricing..
    I assume the delivery time estimates may vary though significantly ?

It seems they will do delivery at the address after clearing customs and not call the addressee at the customs office.. if this is the case prices are great (and not only good).

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1435743]Pochta Rossii does 20 kg parcels by 4355+ rub, usual horse, 13-21 days, faster horse 8-12 days - 4655+ rub, fastest horse 4-6 days, 6400+ rub. Intl pochtamt is at Varshavskoe shosse, 37.
    and don-t forget, they want to see what you are sending. so put all your things into boxes, but do not tape them....best is also buy the special postoffice delivery boxes. they are sturdy and will take a beating and throwing around that DOES happen here or there....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

[QUOTE=Benedikt;1447825]
    and don-t forget, they want to see what you are sending. so put all your things into boxes, but do not tape them....best is also buy the special postoffice delivery boxes. they are sturdy and will take a beating and throwing around that DOES happen here or there....
    Agree with this..
    I checked in the local post office and they have boxes of various sizes available..the biggest which could handle about 16kgs was priced about Rub 160..so not so bad for a sturdy box meeting all postal specs.