littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Moscow Apartment prices?

Moscow Apartment prices?

Hello, I am soon moving to Russia but I need to know how much apartments are and rooms, in local currency?

Is it hard for foreigners to get local jobs as bartenders and other services industry? I have 15 years restaurant experience.

What is normal amount paid to bartenders and waiters in Russia?

Thank you for reading this and answering me.

Quote Originally Posted by jooz View Post
    Hello, I am soon moving to Russia but I need to know how much apartments are and rooms, in local currency?

Is it hard for foreigners to get local jobs as bartenders and other services industry? I have 15 years restaurant experience.

It is possible to rent a room in Moscow for between 8,000 and 13,000 roubles per month. The very cheapest apartments will cost 15,000 roubles per month. Outside of Moscow, rents are much cheaper.

It is almost impossible to get a job as a bartender or a similar job unless you are a citizen or have a residence permit or come from a CIS country like Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan. Even then it can be still be very difficult for people form some CIS countries. You must also be able to speak fluent Russian.

Bartenders in Moscow will get paid between 25,000 and 40,000 roubles per month. Outside of Moscow it will be much lower.

It will be impossible to find an aprtment for 15000 rubles/month unless it is out of Moscow. Also, its not necessary to be a citizen to get bartender job, but the options are very few and not easy with the situations now. Good luck.

do you speak russian_

Quote Originally Posted by jooz View Post

if yes and you have documents that let you work in Russia, contact them www.bogdarnya.ru, they are always looking for F&B staff. the owner is a Brit, so you can communicate in english at first....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by tasel View Post
    It will be impossible to find an aprtment for 15000 rubles/month unless it is out of Moscow.

CIAN disagrees with you. For example:-

http://www.cian.ru/rent/flat/25493674/

http://www.cian.ru/rent/flat/25227838/

Although, admittedly, there are only a few of these and mostly apartments do start from 20,000 per month

Also, its not necessary to be a citizen to get bartender job, but the options are very few and not easy with the situations now. Good luck.
    I said a citizen OR with residence permit. How many restaurants are there that would apply for a work permit quota just for a bartender?

The important thing is what Benedikt said:-

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    if yes and you have documents that let you work in Russia
    He needs to already have the documents that let him work in Russia

indeed, bartenders are not on the priority list

He needs to already have the documents that let him work in Russia[/QUOTE]

and very few, if any, employers will employ people now without documents. the fines are just to high. and it is not worth to be put on the blacklist of the FMS, Tax or labour people.
    and it is obvious, as a bartender you will be a frontman. so definitely good russian language is a must, and at least as good as well english and if possible another foreign language.or at least basic ( work related) knowledge.

I know couple of bartenders (foreigners) working without work permit and myself in the past hired some.

this is really helpful, thanks all

I know couple of bartenders (foreigners) working without work permit and myself in the past hired some.
    not worth anymore. the fines are to heavy. and the owners are being put onto the blacklist. there will be for many years NO foreigner working there. and the controls are often and frequently....