littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia backs down from abandoning gas transit through Ukraine

Russia backs down from abandoning gas transit through Ukraine

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia...172559337.html

Trouble in gas transit paradise? Looks like the Turks might start playing hardball.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post

Trouble in gas transit paradise? Looks like the Turks might start playing hardball.

Just makes your day don't it.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

No, just a kind of charity for beggars
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    No, just a kind of charity for beggars

I guess he hasn't heard about the second pipeline to Germany yet.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Maybe. Insha alla.
    All the world's Kremlin,

I don't understand. I have been told by all Russian tv channels and by many Russian high-standing officials (and by many posters here as well) that there is a bloody Fascist Junta in Kyev. I was waking up in cold sweat in the middle of the night shouting "Death to the Ukrainian nazi who crucify little children and rape Russian-speaking babushkas!". Now we are going to transit gas through the enemy territory and pay them handsomely for this? Or have they all been blantantly lying to me in cold blood about the Junta in Kyev??? If they have lied about this, what else have they lied about??? If I was a Russian who wants to think logically and consistently I would be asking myself all these questions now.
    It all looks and sounds very desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    I don't understand.
    It happens sometimes. Don't worry. Your understanding, not-understanding or mis-understanding means nothing.

I don't understand. I have been told by all Russian tv channels and by many high-standing officials that there is a Fascist Junta in Kyev.
    Not only Fascist, but also Maidown and Banderlog one. Correct.

Now we are going to transit gas through the enemy territory?
    Through the temporarily occupied one.

It all looks and sounds very desperate.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Well, Andy, what you are saying doesn't make any sense, don't you see it?

Well, Andy, what you are saying doesn't make any sense
    For you - maybe, but I don't care - it's only your issues, comrade

I was waking up in cold sweat in the middle of the night shouting "Death to the Ukrainian nazi who crucify little children and rape Russian-speaking babushkas!".

You seem to be too emotional. My condolences. Novopassit helps
    All the world's Kremlin,

snap-snap-snap Andy, the refrigerator is beginning to demand a closer attention to its needs, the tv-set will not have a chance soon. You have to understand this - и рыбку съесть, и на ёлку влезть не получится. It is an epic battle...: https://news.mail.ru/economics/22486768/?frommail=1
    I expect this relatively soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch3ZGeaHlw4

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It is another sign that the Turkey connection isn't all that it has been cracked up to be. It is also a sign that the pivot to China isn't as monolithic as some here have hinted. I told you Russia needs European customers and the prices they can pay as China can never replace all that.

It is another sign that the Turkey connection isn't all that it has been cracked up to be. It is also a sign that the pivot to China isn't as monolithic as some here have hinted. I told you Russia needs European customers and the prices they can pay as China can never replace all that.
    Western (& Eastern) Europe needs the RF too - that is the dilemma for the West Europeans when being bullied by the US of A!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Western (& Eastern) Europe needs the RF too - that is the dilemma for the West Europeans when being bullied by the US of A!
    That's what makes the current situation more complicated: the EU and Russia need each other to some degrees.

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    I wouldn't really describe it all as a backdown by Russia.

You have all these third parties trying to blackmail Russia with unreasonable terms, deciding they have Russia over a barrel and they would dictate the terms.

First, you had Brussels making unreasonable demands on the pipeline that was supposed to go through Bulgaria and Russia simply walked away.
    Also you had Ukraine doing the same type of thing, Ukraine needed to understand they can end up with nothing, and consider that.
    If there is a problem with Turkey, it would just be the same thing.

The solution is for Russia is to have enough pipe capacity, so the pipes are only running at 70% capacity. that way if one transit country starts to become unreasonable they can simply cut that country off and they receive nothing. It seems gazprom know all this now as evidenced by their talk of nordstream2.

So now, if Russia is talking to Ukraine they do understand one possible outcome of the negotiations is that they receive no transit fees at all.

Secondly, I remember the UK not long ago almost run out of gas as the transmission pipes to the UK developed some fault. So best to have extra capacity.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1095134/ga...om-running-out

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    I wouldn't really describe it all as a backdown by Russia.

You have all these third parties trying to blackmail Russia with unreasonable terms, deciding they have Russia over a barrel and they would dictate the terms.

First, you had Brussels making unreasonable demands on the pipeline that was supposed to go through Bulgaria and Russia simply walked away.
    Also you had Ukraine doing the same type of thing, Ukraine needed to understand they can end up with nothing, and consider that.
    If there is a problem with Turkey, it would just be the same thing.

The solution is for Russia is to have enough pipe capacity, so the pipes are only running at 70% capacity. that way if one transit country starts to become unreasonable they can simply cut that country off and they receive nothing. It seems gazprom know all this now as evidenced by their talk of nordstream2.

So now, if Russia is talking to Ukraine they do understand one possible outcome of the negotiations is that they receive no transit fees at all.

Secondly, I remember the UK not long ago almost run out of gas as the transmission pipes to the UK developed some fault. So best to have extra capacity.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1095134/ga...om-running-out
    Nice verbal gymnastics and it even makes some sense for a change but it is at odds with what the Kremlin, Gazprom and some posters on this site were saying only a short while ago.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast