littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Can the wife of HQS work as a freelance

Can the wife of HQS work as a freelance

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm moving in September to Moscow on an HQS visa (I'll start teaching at a university). My wife is a professional make-up artist. How does one go about getting a work permit if you intend to work as a freelance, rather than through an employer (all the info I found on the internets assumed she'd be looking for a salaried position).
    Thanks a lot!!

Andrea

just because she is your wife

Quote Originally Posted by redfax View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm moving in September to Moscow on an HQS visa (I'll start teaching at a university). My wife is a professional make-up artist. How does one go about getting a work permit if you intend to work as a freelance, rather than through an employer (all the info I found on the internets assumed she'd be looking for a salaried position).
    Thanks a lot!!

Andrea

and you are on an HQS means nothing to them. the visa is for YOU, your wife has to go through the usual procedures and hassles.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

there should be some kind of spouse visa for this

I think in your case there must be some kind of spouse visa.

Pm me to get infromation from a professional agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and you are on an HQS means nothing to them. the visa is for YOU, your wife has to go through the usual procedures and hassles.
    That's not quite correct. His wife will get a spouse visa based on being married to him and so she can get a work permit that is outside of the quota.

However, as redfax says, that is very much about working for a company. I don't know what the situation is if you want to be self-employed as an individual entrepreneur.

I think that what she will have to do is to register for a Temporary Residence Permit - you can do this automatically when in Russia on a HQS visa - and then you can set up as an individual entrepreneur. There is some more details from the Russian Tax Service in English about how to do this here:-

http://www.nalog.ru/eng/how_to/htbie/

Quote Originally Posted by N.Hoffman View Post
    Pm me to get infromation from a professional agent.
    To be frank, I'm always rather dubious when people only offer advice by way of PM. I wonder what they're hiding? Here is a Russian company that can provide you with good advice:-

http://www.timservices.ru/en

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tonytony For This Useful Post:

CrimeanJim (14-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tonytony View Post
    That's not quite correct. His wife will get a spouse visa based on being married to him and so she can get a work permit that is outside of the quota.

However, as redfax says, that is very much about working for a company. I don't know what the situation is if you want to be self-employed as an individual entrepreneur.

I think that what she will have to do is to register for a Temporary Residence Permit - you can do this automatically when in Russia on a HQS visa - and then you can set up as an individual entrepreneur. There is some more details from the Russian Tax Service in English about how to do this here:-

http://www.nalog.ru/eng/how_to/htbie/

To be frank, I'm always rather dubious when people only offer advice by way of PM. I wonder what they're hiding? Here is a Russian company that can provide you with good advice:-

http://www.timservices.ru/en
    Now where is that thanks button when it is needed the most.....love you TT
    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

do different FMS's have different interpretations about things

[QUOTE=tonytony;1421335]That's not quite correct. His wife will get a spouse visa based on being married to him and so she can get a work permit that is outside of the quota.

from my experience it seems so.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post

Thank you, both of you. Although I'm not too sure why I deserve so much praise. I'm all embarrassed now.

Thanks a lot! I've contacted timservices!