littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: cost of hiring to homeschool

cost of hiring to homeschool

Hello everybody,

We are contemplating moving to Moscow over the summer with our two children (6 and 8 years old). Have any of you tried hiring somebody to home school your child(ren) in English using US curriculum (plus possibly Russian language)? I don't think we will be able to afford international schools in Moscow. I will probably be working so I am looking into options to hire somebody to homeschool. Our 8 year old receives special education services here in the US so we would need somebody with some education/experience in special education. Anybody can give me an idea of how much it would cost to hire somebody (possibly more than one person) to homeschool in our situation?

Thank you so much for your advice,
    Elena

Well, regarding home school/home education you may dig the websites in Russian:
    http://www.familyeducation.ru/
    http://school4you.ru/

They have forums, you may try to post there as well and ask about different options.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

what are the special education services he receives?

It will probably be difficult to find someone to cater to those needs but for everything else, it should be possible, although expensive.

On the other hand, if he spoke Russian, then it could be done very cheaply.

Most subjects in Russian are at/around 5-800 rubles per hour.

When you homeschool, you start to realize how little students actually study in a day.