littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Friends of Family

Friends of Family

Dear Expats,

The Taganka Children's Fund is proud to announce the beginning of a new programme called "Friends of Family".

The aim of the programme is to bring together kind hearted expatriate families, with Single Russian mothers with children.....for support, freindship, outings and fun.

The Taganka fund......http://www.charity-tcf.ru/eng/news/28/
    has over 500 single mum families registered.....who need help to make ends meet.

I would like to introduce you to one of the mums seeking help and friendship...

The number of incomplete families increases in Russia every year and nowadays totals 30% of all families. Today we’d like to introduce you to one such family….. a single mother, Victoria and her five children.

Victoria was born in the south of Russia, in Crimea and 14 years ago moved to Moscow. Here, she got married and produced five kids. Their relationship lasted for 7 years together, but family life was poor.

As Victoria says, “He started being very possessive and even started beating me”. After continual marital problems she left him.

Now she lives in a communal apartment, in one room with all five kids. All her children are boys. Her eldest son is 13 years old and the youngest one is still only two years old.

The room where they live is 14 sq m in size. There are still two other families living in the same apartment. In total there are 14 people living in this flat.

The social service pays her a pension in the amount of 1500 rub per month for each child. The father of the children disappeared and doesn’t care for them at all.

So, they have to live on the money that the state allows them.

Victoria says that her biggest dream is to live in a separate apartment and to have enough food for the boys so that they can live a normal life.

If you can find it in your heart to help this mother with her children, please, contact us at risdir@yahoo.com and we’ll put you in contact with Victoria and her family.

Thanks Expats!

Friends of Family Program

Hi Expats,

Further to the above thread......Victoria contacted me today to request some help in finding families willing to take one/some or all of her 5 children away for the summer......she is very keen to have her children learn some English.
    Maybe an official language camp might read this and offer the children a free or cheap place at the camp? Or maybe a kind family would like to offer a child or the children a chance to stay with their family.....at a dacha or holiday home?
    Anyway, thanks for reading and PM me if you have any further questions.
    Thanks