English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellow Fever vaccination

If you travel between many African countries, especially if travelling from one where there is a problem to another where is no problem, you also need Yellow Fever certificate!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

I also had to get a yellow fever vaccine last summer in Moscow for a trip to Africa, and in the end I had to go to a clinic. American Medical Center explained to me at that time that they just didn't do vaccines, and other main clinics my co-workers are working with had similar answers, either they didn't have that specific vaccine, or just not doing them.

Place I went to was Поликлиника №1 Управления делами Президента Российской Федерации, (www.vipmed.ru) it's near Old Arbat. Was pretty easy to do. For anybody getting a yellow fever vaccine, you should ask the clinic to give you a vaccination card for it, as in some cases these countries that you are visiting which have the yellow fever risk, they may require this vaccine certificate as part of visa application or similar.

I ended up needing to get quite a few immunizations, and 2 of them this clinic couldn't provide - polio and meningitis. The immunologist told me I would probably not find these vaccines at all in Russia. I asked the immunologist how it's not possible to get these. The conversation was a bit strange, as for polio she said 'Russians just don't get sick with that' which I challenged her on to say was she really serious?...she wouldn't change her answer on that. For meningitis she said only place to get it would be in children's clinic as that is where it is typically done, but then she said it may turn into bureaucratic exercise to become adult patient of a children's clinic.

In the end I just went to a clinic in UK during a business trip and got those 2 done.

But for the vaccines they can do, I would recommend that clinic I went to. I had to go there 3 or 4 times for the various shots and it was a pretty straight-forward experience.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSisu View Post
    for polio she said 'Russians just don't get sick with that' which I challenged her on to say was she really serious?...she wouldn't change her answer on that.
    Polio vaccination in USSR and early-independent-RF was done within first 2-6 months of just born baby, with re-vaccinations till 14 yo. So for adult person that's the question indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSisu View Post
    For meningitis she said only place to get it would be in children's clinic as that is where it is typically done, but then she said it may turn into bureaucratic exercise to become adult patient of a children's clinic.
    Well, almost every clinic has commercial dept, and generally they can do everything there, but some particular things maybe no...

http://www.smclinic.ru/services/vakcinacia/ - here they offer 950 rub for polio and 1650 for meningococcal one.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Yes, in SM Clinic you can do Yellow Fever vaccination, but problem only in language (their language). Maybe if you will take translator, it will be easy to get it. My husband did this vaccination lat year for trip. If you need there are adresses of filials: http://medbooking.com/sm-clinics (tranlate on Google translate).

hi Everyone

I went to Vipmed for my yellow fever vaccine

You go there and must go to Office or room 205 at first

Then they take you downstairs to do the papers and vipmed card ( it takes 15)

You go back to room 205 where they explain you the side efects etc of the vaccine

Then younhave to,wait 25 , for the vaccine to be aired , its applied and you have to seat outside for around 30..

They are very proffesional

The you pay around 60 dollars un Russian money

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12