English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Taking child on holiday to EU

Taking child on holiday to EU

My partner has a 4 year old from her previous marriage. The marriage was in UAE and conducted under Sharia law. The marriage was not registered in RU.

We want to go somewhere in Europe for a holiday this year but my partner is worried that we will not be able to take her child with us without the necessary paperwork.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to deal with this?
    It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not.

[Jeremy Taylor 1613 - 1667]

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Hi JPS, welcome to the site,I don't have any experience about what you ask,but found this bit of info,

For acitizen ofthe Russian Federation under 18year old, departing the Russian Federation together with his/her parents (orone ofthe parents), adoptive parents, tutors orguardians, anotarized consent from the specified persons isnot demanded.

http://www.svo.aero/en/children/rules/

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Hi JPS, welcome to the site,I don't have any experience about what you ask,but found this bit of info,

For acitizen ofthe Russian Federation under 18year old, departing the Russian Federation together with his/her parents (orone ofthe parents), adoptive parents, tutors orguardians, anotarized consent from the specified persons isnot demanded.

http://www.svo.aero/en/children/rules/
    I see you stil help the people my friend.

Only if the child is citizen of RF you need notorized document from both the dad and mom. But for foreigners this rule doesn't apply.

The rules might not be applicable for the RF citizens when leaving the RF, but they are very much applicable when leaving the EU. I suggest, your partner seeks the documents from her ex to avoid any unfortunate situations.
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."