littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll on whether people trusted "RT" or "the economist"

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle

Poll on whether people trusted "RT" or "the economist"

Will Stevens(the economist) did an online poll recently, as to do you trust RT or The economist on news.

retweet for the economist, or favorite for RT

there were: 86 RETWEETS 1,532 FAVORITES

Anyway, he was so sure of himself, but it backfired. people are waking up. This was to his own audience....

Maybe even Will Stevens might stop believing his own propaganda...

details on this link, hard to read....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...oll-blows-face

In the mainstream Russian media, they do cover the crisis, but it is only a little portion of their air time, and very often - from the angle "How can we benefit from the crisis?". A standard procedure, it seems - bad news should cover only a small portion of the air time. The rest - about success in this or that area, blah-blah-blah. At this point it is impossible to hide the crisis anymore. And these media were in complete denial when it started. So, I would trust the Economist...
    Look at many "patriots" here - many are still in the denial mode. Dollar costs 65 rubles instead of 32? Great, Russia can have more rubles! (C) Wally
    I remember when the dollar was 40 and a lot of Russians from the government were saying "Don't go to buy dollars, it is too late now, the ruble will bounce back, blah-blah-blah". There were hundreds of programs quite cheerful about the economy. Then the dollar was 90 rubles within a few days, they had to adjust the tune a bit in order not to sound completely crazy. It was a forced adjustment, that's all.

Russia Times, the king on online polls

Actually, he is the spokesman for the US embassy in Moscow.

He needs to get out more.

Russian lad: ok, i'll consider that as 87 retweets
    Last edited by rumple_stilskin; 11-02-2015 at 14:48.

did you make this thread because you just wanted us to ask you who YOU trust more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzushima View Post
    did you make this thread because you just wanted us to ask you who YOU trust more?

Ooooooooooooo, I think I know!
    Shearing piglets for too much sqealing and too little wool.

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    Will Stevens(the economist) did an online poll recently, as to do you trust RT or The economist on news.

retweet for the economist, or favorite for RT

there were: 86 RETWEETS 1,532 FAVORITES

Anyway, he was so sure of himself, but it backfired. people are waking up. This was to his own audience....

Maybe even Will Stevens might stop believing his own propaganda...

details on this link, hard to read....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...oll-blows-face
    The public have been lied to by The Economist, the New York Times, CNN and many other 'free' media outlets too often (Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Iraq...). Increasingly the public are realizing that nearly all media channels are the voices of the same Corporate elite

RT's Kaiser Report is way more investigative than any of the financial stories in the corporate media

RT has many different stations, they deal with each country specifically. Reporters or host are not Russian but come from the country they work in. On one such show, Breaking the Set with Abby Martin she came out against Russia on Crimea and was not fired. Her shows deal with problems in America and no other news station would let her report on the things she does so it's good for America but not "propaganda". RT America now has two shows by Larry King!

Russian Lad I don't know about RT Russia or any other Russian news nor do I watch TV Russian or American but I think it's all the same but RT America does have some good shows and is becoming more popular in the US.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    RT has many different stations, they deal with each country specifically. Reporters or host are not Russian but come from the country they work in. On one such show, Breaking the Set with Abby Martin she came out against Russia on Crimea and was not fired. Her shows deal with problems in America and no other news station would let her report on the things she does so it's good for America but not "propaganda". RT America now has two shows by Larry King!

Russian Lad I don't know about RT Russia or any other Russian news nor do I watch TV Russian or American but I think it's all the same but RT America does have some good shows and is becoming more popular in the US.
    Another "I don't actually watch it (read it see the movie), but I know it's like this."
    Shearing piglets for too much sqealing and too little wool.

Quote Originally Posted by AstarD View Post
    Another "I don't actually watch it (read it see the movie), but I know it's like this."
    funny you should say that.

I tried to suggest to my brother in law to watch RT for another view. Extremely quickly he replied propaganda.

He is glued to FOX news via pay TV. Lucky for him, his existing news source has already saved him some time and told him repeatedly that it is mere propaganda "funded by kremlin". and scoffed at the idea.

not necessary to check, he already knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    "funded by kremlin"
    question: who do you think funds RT.com?

I am 100% serious, I am curious.

The Kremlin.

Well, technically I guess the (Russian) White House. Or Ilyinka if you prefer.

RF government, for sure. And it is good and correct.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    RF government, for sure. And it is good and correct.
    I was just making sure he knew that. I am not commenting on the usefulness of RT.com, a site which I happen to read daily, but he sounded like he was mocking his brother in law's assertion of who funded it.

I was just making sure he knew that.
    Well, even toddlers know this.

he sounded like he was mocking his brother in law's assertion of who funded it.
    Is it forbidden to mock brothers-in-law?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast