English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I want to marry a Russian and get her a green card in the US, what's the best way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Amora View Post
    What a chauvinist!!!
    Yes, he's a male chauvinist pig (C).
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

If Russian girls want to marry expats, its only because there are too few men for everyone available in Russia and some of the available ones are drunken f-ckwits.
    how dare you make such racist comments about Russian men! It's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    how dare you make such racist comments about Russian men! It's illegal.
    I said some russian men only possibly snowdrift. It has been suggested by AstarD that he is Russian.

some of the available ones are drunken f-ckwits. Not at all because they are prostitutes.
    According to my observations it is the other way round and you just confirm it Shalom!

I said some russian men only possibly snowdrift. It has been suggested by AstarD that he is Russian.

She tends to lie alot and talk about things she knows nothing about but what do want from fat Americans.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

snowdrift, I suggest you take a course in English to get your tenses right. Otherwise your accusations sound funny. I cant help it.

And please don't use Hebrew. People might get the impression that all Israelis have IQ similar to yours. Which is not the case, thankfully.

People might get the impression that all Israelis have IQ similar to yours. Which is not the case, thankfully.
    Thankfully to Russian olim almost all having university education, despite of "state antisemitism"? Never tell to Yaks, he knows The TruthЪ!
    Shma, Isroel...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Thankfully to Russian olim almost all having university education, despite of "state antisemitism"? Never tell to Yaks, he knows The TruthЪ!
    Shma, Isroel...
    Don't need to ask me. I know far too many Russian Jews who convey their thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I have a friend, Russian who got US citizenship, came back to Russia married here had a kid, when he went to get them citizenship they said ok for his daughter and no to his wife. They didn't give a reason why but he thinks because her first husband was a gangster.
    Oh god...What other interesing details are we missing there?

In my case I went to immigration in the states first. That's why I came back to Russia because it was there that they said it would take two years. That was 20 years ago, things could have changed. Why they could have given us a harder time? Because I was here maybe. They asked me the first time we went in why I was here and said I should go back home because it would take some time.
    Well, as I said above, it might have been due to the fact that my friends and yourself were living in different countries. Also, it may vary from consulate to consulate. I am quite sure that the American consulate in Russia is not the same as the American Consulate in Hong Kong
    I've asked my friend and she confirmed that hers was a standard one-year tourist visa when they moved. She got her green card about 10 months after they moved to the States.

You see my wife came from a closed city and her mom worked making the bomb material for nukes. She has the highest awards they gave for her service to the USSR. She had just a year or two to be able to leave Russia ( she had to wait 16 years after she retired to get a passport )
    Her job is certainly something that might have impact on her immigrating ability, however, coming from a so called closed city - hardly. I've got relatives that used to live in that kind of place - Severomorsk, near Murmansk - and none of them had trouble getting overseas visas. But then, they did not work on nukes, either
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

Is it even legal to make such narrow-minded and openly racist comments???! It's no different than saying Zimbabwean women are known to have AIDS. Just because some do, it doesn't allow you to make condescending comments towards everyone else. What a chauvinist!!!

You should know, that most Russians stereotype Americans as overweight dumb flag-waving patriots with a burger in one hand and a gun in the other. Its not far off to say that Homer Simpson and Stan Smith are the Russian idea of the "typical American family." Sounds like something Russian girls would dream about? A-a. I don't think so.

Besides, you should know the 90s are over. Open your eyes and check out how many Russian women these days attend ivy league universities. Or earn so much more than you do. Its time to get over it.

Very good post. These western guys just think their back in the days of mail order brides and looming over u telling like this, "Take some. It's chocolate. Yum yum."

Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    Oh god...What other interesing details are we missing there?

Well, as I said above, it might have been due to the fact that my friends and yourself were living in different countries. Also, it may vary from consulate to consulate. I am quite sure that the American consulate in Russia is not the same as the American Consulate in Hong Kong
    I've asked my friend and she confirmed that hers was a standard one-year tourist visa when they moved. She got her green card about 10 months after they moved to the States.

Her job is certainly something that might have impact on her immigrating ability, however, coming from a so called closed city - hardly. I've got relatives that used to live in that kind of place - Severomorsk, near Murmansk - and none of them had trouble getting overseas visas. But then, they did not work on nukes, either

As I understand it your friend got in illegally, the reason for her visa was not the reason for her travel. The rules have changed over the years though.

I don't think they knew anything about my wife just that she was very good looking so must be up to no good. I'm not sure but the last time I talked with her she was working as the assistant to an ambassador and had diplomatic immunity so somebody trust her.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

As I understand it your friend got in illegally, the reason for her visa was not the reason for her travel. The rules have changed over the years though.

I don't think they knew anything about my wife just that she was very good looking so must be up to no good. I'm not sure but the last time I talked with her she was working as the assistant to an ambassador and had diplomatic immunity so somebody trust her.
    LOL, illegally? They submitted the paperwork together, she was there with her baby boy, his legal papers - birth certificate and the American passport that he had received a year before that - and her marriage certificate.
    I don't know why she was issued with a tourist visa - god only knows what's going on in the heads of those damn bureaucrats! But she certainly didn't get in illegally...
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234