littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crimea's Kerch Bridge

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........

Crimea's Kerch Bridge

Russia's government will employ a company belonging to Arkady Rotenberg to build a bridge connecting mainland Russia to the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine last year.

A government order, posted on its website on Friday, named Stroigazmontazh (SGM) as the contractor to build the bridge across the Kerch Strait and said the project should be completed no later than December 2018.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...rg/515150.html

A bridge too far......a bridge over troubled waters......a bridge of sighs ......

"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers."
    Nikita Khrushchev

already the Wehrmacht wanted one

[QUOTE=Judge;1395536]Russia's government will employ a company belonging to Arkady Rotenberg to build a bridge connecting mainland Russia to the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine last year.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerch_Strait_Bridge"]Kerch Strait Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

cccp army had one built but it was destroyed by ice flows.

Yuri Mikhailovich Lushkov proposed one...

so finally they got it. good for them...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Will see how it goes.

IMHO, after cleaning Ukrainian territory from banderlogs and putting there adequate and loyal govt, it would be better to organise extraterritorial corridor (railway+car road) from Rostov region to the "neck" of Krym.

But I'm uncertain about terms.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Will see how it goes.

IMHO, after cleaning Ukrainian territory from banderlogs and putting there adequate and loyal govt, it would be better to organise extraterritorial corridor (railway+car road) from Rostov region to the "neck" of Krym.

But I'm uncertain about terms.
    I believe this is what will happen and has been the plan all along. But I also believe the bridge contract will remain so that Putin's buddy will get his profits. Why else would you give a contract for a bridge to a company that has never built a bridge?
    "We're all mad here."
    Cheshire Cat

Quote Originally Posted by PJB View Post
    I believe this is what will happen and has been the plan all along. But I also believe the bridge contract will remain so that Putin's buddy will get his profits. Why else would you give a contract for a bridge to a company that has never built a bridge?

You really lived in Russia? If it's his friend maybe he gave him a discount? You think too much like an American. Maybe just maybe he'll do a better job because he cares about his friend and Russia, but you would never think about that. Some people do care about more than money. Some people want to do the right thing.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Russia's government will employ a company belonging to Arkady Rotenberg to build a bridge connecting mainland Russia to the Crimean peninsula, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine last year.

A government order, posted on its website on Friday, named Stroigazmontazh (SGM) as the contractor to build the bridge across the Kerch Strait and said the project should be completed no later than December 2018.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...rg/515150.html
    Meanwhile aeroport express is being cancelled in vladivostok and ekatrinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You really lived in Russia? If it's his friend maybe he gave him a discount? You think too much like an American. Maybe just maybe he'll do a better job because he cares about his friend and Russia, but you would never think about that. Some people do care about more than money. Some people want to do the right thing.
    How can he do a better job if he hasn't ever built a bridge before? CIA plot maybe? It doesn't have anything to do with the properties he lost in Italy, right? Where's the conspiracy theorist in you when it really counts?

Btw, what happened to the Chinese Putin was fellating not long ago?

Chinese company willing to build Kerch Strait bridge

http://itar-tass.com/en/russia/745214

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    Meanwhile aeroport express is being cancelled in vladivostok and ekatrinberg
    That's a shame. I lived in Vlad for 3 years and been through Ekat a few times, they both really need it...

who are the people who want to do the right thing? Am I reading this correctly, that you are advocating the benefits of nepotism?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzushima View Post
    who are the people who want to do the right thing? Am I reading this correctly, that you are advocating the benefits of nepotism?

No not at all but in these troubled times maybe its better someone builds this bridge as fast as possible and as cheaply as possible. Just because this guy has never built a bridge doesn't mean he can't hire people who have. The just owns the company he's not going to be puttin in rivets.

You know if it wasn't for nepotism American government could not operate. There would be no money for elections.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

No not at all but in these troubled times maybe its better someone builds this bridge as fast as possible and as cheaply as possible.
    Exactly;
    and charge five times what it cost to build.
    Show me a road Rotenberg made thats good.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Just because this guy has never built a bridge doesn't mean he can't hire people who have. The just owns the company he's not going to be puttin in rivets.
    why not just pay the guys who are doing it in advance so they can buy the rivets? Why a middleman? Because you trust the management? Because Putin can hold him accountable? Couldn't Putin hold ANYONE in Russia accountable if he chose?

You know if it wasn't for nepotism American government could not operate. There would be no money for elections.
    Sure, but there is a difference between relatively transparent cultural nepotism and hiring an old friend because you believe in his altruism and not his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzushima View Post
    why not just pay the guys who are doing it in advance so they can buy the rivets? Why a middleman? Because you trust the management? Because Putin can hold him accountable? Couldn't Putin hold ANYONE in Russia accountable if he chose?

Sure, but there is a difference between relatively transparent cultural nepotism and hiring an old friend because you believe in his altruism and not his experience.

This is the most important bridge in the history of Russia it will be one of the best bridges in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Exactly;
    and charge five times what it cost to build.
    Show me a road Rotenberg made thats good.

I doubt that very much. We are at war no time or money can be wasted.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast