littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Pain Isn't Going to End Soon

Please correct me if I am wrong

I see it as insane- what is going on right now.

Russia could be a powerhouse in the EU. It has natural resources in abundance. In my limited experience Russians are Europeans, in humour, in civility and in the values they seek.

I believe Putin could lead Russia beautifully into the EU and take it to a dominant position within. Russian institutions can merge to the EU, it has been proven by the 'already joined' FSU states. The idea that the EU is out to get anyone or declaw Russia? I don't see it at all.

All the new comers to the EU seem to benefit hugely from membership. Not only that- it is totally not the culture of the EU to be sly or to be cunning- its too big and too open to keep any agenda hidden for long.

I believe ultimately there is a sincere objective within the EU to unite- this goal can even be seen as naive. So much so that the new comer members often take advantage of this and benefit immensely!

That is my view and I really do love Russia. (Just thinking about Russia makes me excited for the opportunities it holds, not only in business terms, but the amazing conversation one can have with anyone from pauper to prince, the culture…. mmmm… heaven.)

I wish Russia could see what it may be giving up. While the European Union is not perfect (it is in transition and definitely still finding its feet) - Russia could be a part of it, and influence its direction. Russia could determine what sort of animal the EU becomes. It is wide open!

The days of a tactic of cunning and isolation are numbered- I feel it is hard to pursue this long term against (in this case) the EU. Too much internet freedom now. Furthermore it was overwhelming, realising how closely aligned Russians were with say, me as an individual, a Brit- in humour and outlook. I am embarrassed to think about it….I had thought we were so different, to find out we are the same! (and I think I am considered educated).

Russia is still in its transition - fair enough, Putin is a part of that- he is not the end of the story. To give him his due he has managed very well in some respects- extremely well. 140 million people, baddies on the tertiary- not easy. Could he ever be persuaded that leading Russia toward integration with the EU would be a good thing? That he would go down in history as a very different leader? That it is likely inevitable (eventually) that Russia and Europe do integrate at any rate?

I am totally anti this "Europe is out to get us message" being pushed - for Russia/Russians.

In general, people are lazy, and often loose tongued- there is not some great conspiracy against Russia- maybe a negative policy now b/c of perceptions of Ukraine- but there is not even the will to bring member states in,for integration, and then conspire against them too. No way!

Russia could be a dominant player in the Union, and I feel sorry that all this is really time wasting- perhaps by decades- but nonetheless time wasting.

Merry Christmas Comrades!

Am there in January if you want to arrest me or have a beer with me Have a wonderful New Year too!
    "If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining"

Merry Christmas James (and everyone)!

I mostly agree. I think Russians like to think of themselves as European, but the government is more Asian in nature. To be short; understand thats a simplification of something complicated. Many disappointed people, yet many can't see it any other way.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

The EU would never agree to Russia joining it.

The EU would never agree to Russia joining it.
    Suu, I suggest you destroy your TVset with the Kremlin propagandists f'cking ruthlessly with your brain from it. Right now.

To give him his due he has managed very well in some respects- extremely well.
    He just got lucky with high oil prices, otherwise he would be gone in no time. He has done nothing good. But his list of bad and terrible things is almost endless.

So the idea is that russia shud be like Belgium? Russia doesn't want to sit at some table getting crumbs, it wants 2 own the table just like America owns the whole restaurant.
    Ure ideas just ignore the Russian cultural sphere and the Russian mindset as well as history also - think napolean and hitler. NATO on russian borders is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Suu, I suggest you destroy your TVset with the Kremlin propagandists f'cking ruthlessly with your brain from it. Right now.

He just got lucky with high oil prices, otherwise he would be gone in no time. He has done nothing good. But the list of bad and terrible things is almost endless.
    If u watch RT like me u cud learn how it is.

So the idea is that russia shud be like Belgium? Russia doesn't want to sit at some table getting crumbs, it wants 2 own the table just like America owns the whole restaurant.
    Ure ideas just ignore the Russian cultural sphere and the Russian mindset as well as history also - think napolean and hitler. NATO on russian borders is the problem
    Jas, you also have access to the Russian television? What table? What crumbs? This is just empty talk. De facto there is a clique of Asian-Soviet-minded kleptocrats stealing everything and giving crumbs to the people. I was against this Europe joining idea just a year ago, but now - hell, I will welcome joining even Zimbabwe if it will mean ousting these kleptocrats and liars with the blood of a brotherly nation on their hands.

If u watch RT like me u cud learn how it is.
    Aha. Ok. See my advice to Suu. They are just having your brain. They are liars.

Disturbing Signs

New Controls Bring Russia's Grain Exports to Halt, Lobby Says

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ys/513837.html

Russia's Putin scraps New Year's holidays for ministers

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-putin-...--finance.html

These two moves don't bode well. The grain issue shows that even in a year of bumper harvests, Russia is proving itself to be an unreliable trade partner. Time to switch to new suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post

He just got lucky with high oil prices, otherwise he would be gone in no time. He has done nothing good. But his list of bad and terrible things is almost endless.

Yawn....zzzzz
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Keep in mind that RT is the brainchild of the Kremlin, so take what they say with a pinch of salt. I will concede that RT America is decent, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanS View Post
    Keep in mind that RT is the brainchild of the Kremlin, so take what they say with a pinch of salt. I will concede that RT America is decent, though.

That Abby Martin is fine! I'd let her squeeze my lemon!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    New Controls Bring Russia's Grain Exports to Halt, Lobby Says

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ys/513837.html

Russia's Putin scraps New Year's holidays for ministers

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-putin-...--finance.html

These two moves don't bode well. The grain issue shows that even in a year of bumper harvests, Russia is proving itself to be an unreliable trade partner. Time to switch to new suppliers.

Yeah? A lot less disturbing than NATO's build up in countries bordering Russia and now wanting to supply weapons to Ukraine. Yeah that's the way you deescalate the situation send more weapons! Smart f#@king thinking bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yeah? A lot less disturbing than NATO's build up in countries bordering Russia and now wanting to supply weapons to Ukraine. Yeah that's the way you deescalate the situation send more weapons! Smart f#@king thinking bub.
    What does NATO have to do with Putin cancelling holidays for his ministers and grain exports?

What does NATO have to do with Putin cancelling holidays for his ministers and grain exports?

It's useless even answering you.

The third world world is about to begin and you still think it's some game?

Let me tell you the country you live in is one of the first ones to get wiped out and America don't even care.

..in Wally's World, all is possible.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast