littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so it will be 2 years Borodino and buckwheat?

so it will be 2 years Borodino and buckwheat?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...ms/513616.html

no Parmesan and Brie or Camembert?no Maasdam for Bashkortistans elite? No Austrian pork (which I never saw anyway in 25 years here in Russia).
    The Russian sailors are coming home from France without their ship.. at least for the time being.
    Sanctions against Russia, when they really will start biting the EU, will show an even stronger re-emerging of the left (le Pen in France, the FPO in Austria,even in Germany..).I think Frau Merkel will pay the price for her hate for VV on next election day.
    Said that, all this is np consolation for millions of Russians. But the people are resilient here.the ones who want to go because it is so bad here, well the grass is NOT greener on the other side. though it might be THIS time, there is no snow in half the =winter = countries and they already start counting their losses.
    Russi is like a wet dog, thrown in the water, it will NOT drown, it will swim out onto dry land, shake of the water and be happy again!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

First of all, NO ONE gave you this right to speak on behalf of all Russians and for the whole Russia.
    Secondly, it will be more prosaic than that, Ben. The elites don't have shortages of the food you have mentioned. But the average Ivan will be fired or kept on a meager salary. He has been ripped off already by them.
    However, I have a growing feeling there will be no two years.
    Didn't I tell you all two years ago this time would come? I have to be careful with my wishes the next time, I didn't mean to upset you.
    You are supporting absolutely the wrong cause. I think you will feel sorry for this, if you live to this day. When everything will be explained to you - you are a grown up man, you are supposed to know how to find and analize information. This is not rocket science here.
    Wonder what Rusmeister thinks now. He has been silent.
    Ok, will go to the kitchen now, have the caviar and the Champagne waiting for me there. My usual breakfast these days. I plan to enjoy every minute of this. Have a nice working day, Ben. If your salary is not paid in rubles, demand it. You deserve to suffer with the rest since you have approved the madness. Show us some russky resilience in the face of hardship. Cheers.
    P.S. There are shortages of buckwheat already, you gotta learn how to grow potatoes or something.

RL has now bestowed upon himself the imperial wherewithall to decide who has the right to speak about what, and who has not.

Your democratic values are peeking through, Russian Lad. Impressive reasoning.

RL has now bestowed upon himself the imperial wherewithall to decide who has the right to speak about what, and who has not.

Your democratic values are peeking through, Russian Lad. Impressive reasoning.
    Well, he can speak like that, I don't mind. All I said no one authorized him to speak on behalf of all Russians and Russia itself. He is not even a Russian. I am a Russian and he is a foreigner, and I don't share neither his views nor his attitudes as far as the current Russia is concerned. Live with it.

The 2 years remark is just dangling a carrot in front of the serfs from very far away. The economy was already heading for stagnation while oil was above 100$ and there were no sanctions.

What did he actually say of substance? Nothing. Half the things he said were superficial, wrong, or flat out irrational. But he could answer whatever he wanted, as there was no reply possible to any of his answers.

Russia is crippled by a lack of reform, the kind of archaic political and economic 'management' in place here currently is a huge drag and will continue to be. Where is growth going to come from? "Somewhere, in 2 years". Thank you boss, sorry for doubting you.

Maybe you should stick to cooking Ben, I'm sure you are very good at that. Whatever your reasons to emotionally pick sides in this issue, you are being very selective in your perception of the facts. The first step to improving this country for Russians and expats alike is to acknowledge that there is in fact something wrong here. To do so isn't treason, it's not unpatriotic, it's not being ungrateful. Europe has problems, the US has problems, China has problems, Russia has problems. Some have bigger problems than others. Russia's are huge. Ignoring them and blaming everyone else but the Russian government is only keeping them going for longer.

Forget nationalism. It's a waste of time and a tool for controlling your emotions into making the choices they want you to make. I said precisely the same thing about the USA post 9/11, incidentally. When you take sides unconditionally you lose all rational control over politics.

The 2 years remark is just dangling a carrot in front of the serfs from very far away. The economy was already heading for stagnation while oil was above 100$ and there were no sanctions.
    Yes, I noticed that too back then. Many of these "journalists" were fake anyway I think. From his own pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Yes, I noticed that too back then. Many of these "journalists" were fake anyway I think. From his own pool.
    Not necessarily, he took questions from anyone including the BBC. There was no risk for him to do so, anyway. He had to give only one answer which was also the last word. Any politicians would prepare for a question on any topic and have an answer for it. It's only when there is a back-and-forth debate that anyone could really nail him down into a corner about an issue. No risk of that here, so it really didn't matter who asked the questions or how good the questions were.

For example, one question regarded the handling of the Bashneft case, and whether this meant that private companies were at risk of nationalisation. Putin answered that there is no such risk and Bashneft is "an exception".

The mere fact that such an "exception" is possible when the powers that be decide on it, completely invalidates the first part of his reply! If there are exceptions then that means private property cannot rely or be confident that the law will always be on their side.

But nobody was allowed to point this out, and to the average Joe it probably sounded all right.

I have been studying him very carefully now.
    See, many answers were way too slick, as if prepared in advance. I think he has decided to play a liberal for now, seeing that he is losing grip otherwise.
    So, even for some "hard" questions he had his own journalists I think. Not all of them of course.
    I also think he was on medication or something. If you watched from the very beginning - he looked and sounded as if he was going to faint, then he gained momentum - it looked like a medication kicked in.
    This lame attempt failed though. It is too late.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    True, he started from his own pool, they asked good questioned straight away,first one was about the state of the economy, and then why can't they diversify from oil&gas and so on...Of course Putin knew how he's gonna answer,was expecting such questions, but his own pool asked the questions we wanted answering,and he was also asked about Russian troops in Ukraine...... Some silly questions like how's his love life came later on..

True, he started from his own pool, they asked good questioned straight away,first one was about the state of the economy, and then why can't they diversify from oil&gas and so on...Of course Putin knew how he's gonna answer,was expecting such questions, but his own pool asked the questions we wanted answering,and he was also asked about Russian troops in Ukraine...... Some silly questions like how's his love life came later on..

I am sure he has this official pool, but there is also a secret one. He knows many tricks. The key thing - he is lying very often. His facial expressions give him away though, when he is lying his eyes begin shifting, the face distorts a little. I mean, like half or more of what he said yesterday was either lies or plain weird.

By the way, about the currencies. I don't remember a single case when they didn't get back to the highest positions they held once. In the current situation it is a given. The question is not whether euro will be 100 again or not, the question is - how fast.
    Last edited by FatAndy; 19-12-2014 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    so it will be 2 years Borodino and buckwheat?
    "Those were famine years, short on bread, so we put caviar just onto sausages..." (C)
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

The funny thing is, the mood of "patriots" is rather panicky now. Where is your bravado of the recent months? VVP smart move this, VVP smart move that. Please start more threads like this one. I want to learn gruesome details - like who of you is lacking food, who is not able to afford the rent payments anymore, whose apartment was seized due to missed mortgage payments, who was screwed by a tourist company, etc. I want to gloat over your misery and desperation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1QAezn9HA0[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Said that, all this is np consolation for millions of Russians. But the people are resilient here.
    So Ben, has your restaurant had to raise prices yet? SUppliers raised prices on you yet? Will you advise when these things happen?

Rumours are most food prices going up by 20-50% before holidays. I hope that's wrong (personally), but have no reason to doubt.

So Ben, has your restaurant had to raise prices yet? SUppliers raised prices on you yet? Will you advise when these things happen?
    Yes, and about sharply decreased profits too. Please keep us informed, Ben, we are eager to know.

The funny thing is, the mood of "patriots" is rather panicky now. Where is your bravado of the recent months? VVP smart move this, VVP smart move that. Please start more threads like this one. I want to learn gruesome details - like who of you is lacking food, who is not able to afford the rent payments anymore, whose apartment was seized due to missed mortgage payments, who was screwed by a tourist company, etc. I want to gloat over your misery and desperation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1QAezn9HA0
    Where's that from, I wonder? For me, personally, everything's going fine and changing for the better.

If someone has loans to be paid in dollars, then they may be having problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast