English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are diamond engagement rings what Russian women expect? Is it the new norm in Russia?

I'm Russian woman. I think Russian woman expect as much as possible and much more. We like generous people. But we could be generous too. It's fasionable to have wedding ring with dimonds. But if a woman really loves u she will be glad just your ring with or without dimonds. My husband's Russin. Firstly he presented me ring with dimonds. But then I asked him to buy ordinary ring because dimonds detain to cook and to take care of baby etc.

If your fiancee likes classic clothers and bijou it is better to buy her ring without diamond

Of course! Agree!
    Shearing piglets for too much sqealing and too little wool.

Ok, so diamond rings are nice but the important things as in every country is, that she loves you. Frankly if she is marring you only because of the fact that you presented her with an expensive ring, i would suggest you to run away from her as fast as possible.

A simple golden ring does it as well. you have to be careful and not fall prey to one of those scavengers who are just on you for a big bank account.

If you ask me, the thing a woman wants most is a man who will make a vow for life and keep it and not walk away when problems arise - as they inevitably will.

**When** did the custom of diamond engagement ring come to Russia ?

Did the custom begin with McDonald's coming to Russia (i.e., another American influence)

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

Women exceptancy

Nope.. it's not about life expectancy.. Really, what I wanted to do was add to this thread Are diamond engagement rings what Russian women expect? Is it the new norm in Russia? http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread...iamonds+expect, but it seems to be closed so from that thread:

I never bought my wife a diamond, I refused. Any self respecting person would. Give it a go, just how much does she really value you and how you feel? Think about the uses of the money that red stained rock is going to cost and what other uses it could be put to. A downpayment on a flat is a much better use for it. How about putting it towards education, a car, a better honeymoon? Furniture?
    Just don't ask me about fur coats. That is a whole nother story.
    I see some girls/wives to be asking for diamond rings, fur coats, private schools for their children, keep their mums happy for life.. and this to ordinary blokes with ordinary salaries, I'm not sure what's acceptable and what's not anymore because many partners are happy to oblige with the ring and the fur.. love on a shoestring no more? What's your view about this, who's getting it wrong, the girls for asking it or the men for accepting this?

Old thread is reopened and merged with the new. Go on.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234