littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: The Fed Bank

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,588
    Thanked: 653

    The Fed Bank

    Quote Originally Posted by Armoured View Post
    When the government is borrowing at 1% it should certainly be able to find projects to finance that have a return greater than that. Roads. Bridges. Energy efficiency. And on and on.
    Why does the government pay 1% to borrow money from banks, when the banks are essentially guaranteed by the government?(as evidenced by the recent bailouts)

    It should be 0% - Print it themselves instead of paying the banks 1% to print it.

    Bankers are doing nicely.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    Why does the government pay 1% to borrow money from banks, when the banks are essentially guaranteed by the government?(as evidenced by the recent bailouts)

    It should be 0% - Print it themselves instead of paying the banks 1% to print it.

    Bankers are doing nicely.....

    Yeah what he said! And who really knows how much the print!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Here is how money works,

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0"]The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money 4 | Mike Maloney - YouTube[/ame]
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    Why does the government pay 1% to borrow money from banks, when the banks are essentially guaranteed by the government?
    Those things have literally...nothing to do with each other.

    Governments auction debt. They don't "take loans" from national banks as such. (and there are quite severe limits on the guarantees)

    It's 2 entirely disconnected things.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,588
    Thanked: 653
    Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    Those things have literally...nothing to do with each other.

    Governments auction debt. They don't "take loans" from national banks as such.

    It's 2 entirely disconnected things.
    the US governement pays the Federal reserve(a private bank, despite the deceptive name) billions of dollars in interest every year. What a laugh.


    Have you not been paying attention? Don't hear about that on fox news or CNN?

    the US governemnt owes the federal reserve(a private bank, run for the purposes of private profit for private shareholders) 2 trillion dollars.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    the US governement pays the Federal reserve(a private bank, despite the deceptive name) billions of dollars in interest every year. What a laugh.


    Have you not been paying attention? Don't hear about that on fox news or CNN?

    the US governemnt owes the federal reserve(a private bank, run for the purposes of private profit for private shareholders) 2 trillion dollars.

    All he has to do is watch the video I posted. But he won't or he'll say it's a lie but it's not.

    You know before the FED there was no federal tax, that only came after the FED was created because they knew they would need to get the money somewhere and government didn't have so they taxed the people.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    the US governement pays the Federal reserve(a private bank, despite the deceptive name) billions of dollars in interest every year. What a laugh.
    There is a lot more to it than that. Your simplistic "analysis" completely misses how the Federal reserve (which isn't actually private in the usual sense of the word) controls the money supply by buying or selling government securities. Most of the "interest" it receives on bought debt it does not keep. It is not a privately controlled entity and it cannot legally keep any profit or distribute it to private entities.

    Your writings suggests some fat cat shareholders are cashing in on the government paying interest on its securities when that is entirely not the case. Quite a lot of government issued debt is bought by foreign entities anyway (for controlling their exchange rate or whatnot)


    You've watched too many conspiracy videos without bothering to check into the finer details of how it actually works. You are also incorrect in stating that the banks (like the federal reserve) print money. They don't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You know before the FED there was no federal tax
    Learn your history instead of believing whatever clowns you get your information from. The first federal tax in the US predates the Federal reserve by 50 years. And the Fed was created in response to financial difficulties which had occurred before (like 1907) which made clear the need for a central bank similar to those which already existed elsewhere.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,460
    Thanked: 613
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    the US governement pays the Federal reserve(a private bank, despite the deceptive name) billions of dollars in interest every year. What a laugh...........
    To describe the FED as a 'private' bank is a complete exaggeration and one lots of people like to perpetuate despite the facts.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,588
    Thanked: 653
    Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    There is a lot more to it than that. Your simplistic "analysis" completely misses how the Federal reserve (which isn't actually private in the usual sense of the word) controls the money supply by buying or selling government securities. Most of the "interest" it receives on bought debt it does not keep. It is not a privately controlled entity and it cannot legally keep any profit or distribute it to private entities.

    Your writings suggests some fat cat shareholders are cashing in on the government paying interest on its securities when that is entirely not the case. Quite a lot of government issued debt is bought by foreign entities anyway (for controlling their exchange rate or whatnot)


    You've watched too many conspiracy videos without bothering to check into the finer details of how it actually works. You are also incorrect in stating that the banks (like the federal reserve) print money. They don't.
    Did you come down in the last shower?

    The federal reserve pays each of the 12 regional federal reserves, which owns the federal reserve, $1 billion each for their expenses in performing their functions. Now if you believe they really have these expenses you would have to be stupid. So there is $12 billion a year. Another couple of billion in dividends each year. So about $15 billion is getting skimmed from the US government every year by the bankers. Why do they pay any dividends at all, what madness.

    If the federal reserve was genuinely a not for profit entity, they would simply make it a branch of the US government.

    A entity that has a genuine purpose of "not for profit" is set up with "not for profit" legal status. Then there are checks and balances in place to ensure it really is not for profit. That way you could audit their accounts and under the microscope check their bogus accounting.

    If the federal reserve really had no profit purpose, it would have been set up as a different legal entity.

    What is a conspiracy theory? Is that some words you use to slur an opposing and informed view?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,588
    Thanked: 653
    Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    Learn your history instead of believing whatever clowns you get your information from. The first federal tax in the US predates the Federal reserve by 50 years. And the Fed was created in response to financial difficulties which had occurred before (like 1907) which made clear the need for a central bank similar to those which already existed elsewhere.
    The 'Fed' is a complex entity set up by a few to steal from the masses(the people).

    Using a proven system that worked well from stealing from the masses and existed elsewhere.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    Learn your history instead of believing whatever clowns you get your information from. The first federal tax in the US predates the Federal reserve by 50 years. And the Fed was created in response to financial difficulties which had occurred before (like 1907) which made clear the need for a central bank similar to those which already existed elsewhere.
    And who made those difficulties in 1907? The same people who wanted to have the FED. I have read the history of how a few banker had a secret meeting to get this scam in place. Tomorrow I will post links where to find the truth. The FED is a privite bank and I can prove it.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanked: 3850
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnuts View Post
    To describe the FED as a 'private' bank is a complete exaggeration and one lots of people like to perpetuate despite the facts.
    And which facts would that be?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,753
    Thanked: 720
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    The federal reserve pays each of the 12 regional federal reserves, which owns the federal reserve, $1 billion each for their expenses in performing their functions. Now if you believe they really have these expenses you would have to be stupid. So there is $12 billion a year.
    Another couple of billion in dividends each year. So about $15 billion is getting skimmed from the US government every year by the bankers.
    No need to make up numbers, they publish them all:
    http://www.federalreserve.gov/public...yment-C58393AE

    You can decide for yourself but there are 20k+ employees, who manage trillions of dollars of assets and organise the physical printing of money. I submit that on average, they are going to be paid better than Walmart greeters. Works out to about $130k per employee. Their physical expenses are also a bit high, but then, they might have a lot to spend on vaults and stuff.

    That way you could audit their accounts and under the microscope check their bogus accounting.
    In fact, of course, they do publish audited accounts, every year, and you can read them:
    http://www.federalreserve.gov/moneta...instmt2013.pdf

    If you do, you'd find that they submitted just less than $80 billion to the federal government. Or, approximately 98% of earnings distributed goes straight to the government.
    Last edited by Armoured; 29-09-2014 at 05:38.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    The 'Fed' is a complex entity set up by a few to steal from the masses(the people).
    Right. Except that the entire thing your argument hinged on (the government paying interest to the Fed) has already been shown to be false, as the Fed pay it back. The only reason this interest money is going back and forth is that the bonds the government issues are put on the open market where anyone can buy them. Anyone but the Fed would actually want to make some interest in return for their cold hard cash.

    After a while it gets too tiring to argue with people who create countless elaborate theories they could not possibly hope to support with sound logic and premises.

    You've already displayed you don't know how any of this actually works, you just use ignorance with a bit of "we're getting screwed by the bankers!" spin.

    There are plenty of things that are screwed up in politics and on Wall Street, no need to make up any more on your own.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •