littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Deals on Winter/Ski outerwear?

Deals on Winter/Ski outerwear?

Hey everyone!

I have the fortunate opportunity to go to Sweden and I'm going to need snow gear. I can't go back to the states to get my old stuff, so I have to look for stuff here. Since I am a penny-pincher, I was wondering if any of you know sports outlets around town. Also even larger sports stores seem to have a lot of overstock.

Thanks for reading,
    A

Well I think all that stuff would cost less in Sweden.
    It's still the season here too so no sales for another month.

It seems all clothes cost more here or is it just me.

I won't have a chance to go shopping in Sweden. I got a free set of tickets I could use this month and the only reason I am going is to watch my very best American friend play Bandy which means sitting outside for hours and hours at a time.

I'm from Wisconsin, so I know that sometimes winter lasts until April (it's was -15 Fahrenheit for a week straight in March last year in Milwaukee, no joke) Let's assume that I have to go shopping in Russia- where would one find the best deals?

p.s. Thank God the damned Patriots lost poor perfect season, in the crapper!

So I guess you wouldn't want one of those super warm Patriots parkas I saw with an 80% mark down yesterday? They also had these funny hats that looked like cheese that were going pretty cheap!

Wait a minute! Your in Khimki? Just go to the big mall there. I asked a friend who is a shopping nut and he said that the sales are ON! He also agreed with me that clothes and shoes are much cheaper outside Russia.

Packer paraphernalia never goes on sale in Wisconsin because it's always in fashion, even after a grand loss. And sure, I would pay for a pats jacket if I happened to be freezing and needed something to burn.

Furthermore, there is nothing in the tiny little sports stores in Mega. I have looked dozens of times and the selection is slim. For having tall people in their population, Russians sure like their pants short. And I won't have enough time to buy stuff before any of the Bandy games outside and I don't want to be miserable.

Well then you'll have to come to Moscow, there are many big sport stores. About being cheap I wouldn't know but getting what you need is not a problem. And don't worry we in Boston lived with the Red Sox the biggest let down in sports so the Pats are no big deal. We still have the Celtics!
    Last edited by Willy; 06-02-2008 at 20:53.