littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leave or not leave on 90 /180 ??

Quote Originally Posted by areej.masad View Post
    I have the 90/180 note and for some reason I got registered today for 6 months!
    another thing is it possible to apply for temporary residance with a work visa ?
    Why not, but are you married to a Russian, because I have yet to find a Succssful applicant who as not been married to a Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
    My visa is 1 year multi, I have 20 days before the 90 days expires. I will apply for temp res permit this week. (must notarize another document). I was told that if my documents are accepted, then it is not necessary to leave. Is this correct?
    Go. While you still can. I had SERIOUS problems due to illness, and even with a spravka it took almost a month and close to 2,000 in various fees and, ahem, gratuities, to get out of Russia.
    Seriously, it's up to you. But in order to smooth your passage back into Russia and future stays there, just cross a border when you need to, and go to the nearest embassy. Any border will do, just do it and save yourself time, money, and heartbreak.

If you have the 90 day limit written on your visa then you have to go, it wasn't shown on mine (issued Nov 08) but the agency that I registered through would only give me 90 days and so I left in February and promptly came back on a 3 month single entry business visa. My Russian wife made the new registration for me and was told by the local FMS that my departure had been unecessary. With so many complex rules its not hard to understand why people interpret them in different ways.
    If, like me, your application for temp res has been submitted then you will notice an official stamp on the back of your migration card and a note to the effect that your documents have been accepted for consideration together with the date. You should make a copy of this because if you have to leave through passport control it will be taken from you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12