littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leave or not leave on 90 /180 ??

leave or not leave on 90 /180 ??

My visa is 1 year multi, I have 20 days before the 90 days expires. I will apply for temp res permit this week. (must notarize another document). I was told that if my documents are accepted, then it is not necessary to leave. Is this correct?

It is 100% FALSE. you MUST leave, even if you are waiting a temp residency, a work permit, a citizenship or I don't know what!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
    Is this correct?
    Not at all correct, You must leave the country.
    But you can try to get "Виза временно проживающего лица" in your country. I heard they give it also for those who apply for temp. residenship and it is valid for 4 months.
    But this I'm not sure myself, the main purpose of this visa is different.

wow

I was also told I would be given a spravka (they said this document will allow me to stay until the temp res permit is given )

Is this correct? Is there a spravka for this ?

Thanks for your information.

No no and NO!!!!! NO spravka can replace a visa!

I was also told I would be given a spravka (they said this document will allow me to stay until the temp res permit is given )

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Not at all correct, You must leave the country.
    But you can try to get "Виза временно проживающего лица" in your country. I heard they give it also for those who apply for temp. residenship and it is valid for 4 months.
    But this I'm not sure myself, the main purpose of this visa is different.
    Anyone know anything more about this? I could do with a visa like that!

yes, yes, tell me more about this!

Sorry peeps but...

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    Anyone know anything more about this? I could do with a visa like that!
    Sorry to say this to all of you but,....you realy need to leave the country in order to close your visa.
    At the moment you wish to apply for a new visa, regardless if you applied for a temp. permission, you still are boundend to the visa rules that are now in order.

True, bottom line even with your application for temp. residence is accepted but if your current visa will expire, you will have to leave Russia and apply for a new visa to return. Speaking from experience, when my application was accepted last Oct. at the local FMS I had to depart in a week since my visa was going about to expire, and now I do have my 3yr. residency permit stamped on my passport.

The main FMS at Pokrovka can only extend a visa for a maximum of 10 days: a) a person is at the moment hospitalized and recuperating; b) flights are fully booked and you have to proove that there are no available flights out of Russia; and c) if your married to a russian with kids (but a long shot, which means alot of drama at the FMS that you need to be in Russia to financially support and take care of your family).

So I suggest you begin the necessary arrangements for a new visa back to Russia.

No there is another Spravka, that is one you get when you have handed in your applicatio, and then with a bit of luck you might get confirmation that your application is likely to be acceptable. That's the Spravka where you no longer have to leave Russia

And I'm sure that's where the confusion lies.

I am on business/multiple entry visa waiting for my documents as well. I spoke to the guy that sorts out legal matters with the company and he stated that as there is no special note on the visa, mentioning anything about 90/180, the rule does not apply to my particular case. My visa was issued in November 2007 and it might be the case, however I am very doubtful. However, it has no remarks on how long I could stay.
    Could anyone chip in on that?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mete View Post
    I am on business/multiple entry visa waiting for my documents as well. I spoke to the guy that sorts out legal matters with the company and he stated that as there is no special note on the visa, mentioning anything about 90/180, the rule does not apply to my particular case. My visa was issued in November 2007 and it might be the case, however I am very doubtful. However, it has no remarks on how long I could stay.
    Could anyone chip in on that?
    Cheers
    Mmm...good one....
    Be a good idea to check it with the issuing embassy to be sure.
    In my case the did write the special note on my visa.
    "max 90 days, to use in 180 days"

Another key issue is registration. When you entered in November, did they register you for 6 months (it sounds like it, since you're still here)? If so, it sounds like maybe - for some reason - they're treating your visa like a pre-Oct visa. But checking with the issuing embassy is probably a good idea, to be sure you don't have any nasty surprises at the border when you do your 6-month out/in run (which I think would still apply) ...

Alas, I confess I have no hard information, just suppositions and questions about your interesting situation ...

Good luck and keep us posted!

I have just checked the registration. I have been registered with the post office up to April 15 2008 and as I did enter the country on January 15, 2008 that puts me within the 90 day bracket. However, the guy that proceeded the visa at a first place is firm on the fact that somehow miraculously the rule does not apply to me, as there is nuffin' written on the visa.
    I do remember from the time I used to live in Yekaterinburg, that the registrations were done for a three month period at the time. So we shall see, I am off to Denmark at the weekend, so I shall judge the reactions on the way back when I touch Russian soil.

hi

I have the 90/180 note and for some reason I got registered today for 6 months!
    another thing is it possible to apply for temporary residance with a work visa ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast