littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Groupon Deal threads

Groupon Deal threads

Considering this is the Frugal Expat thread , maybe a nice idea to have a sticky of nice groupon deals on ?
    The local experts can then add their views on experiences there if any , giving the newer folks much more informed and trusted advise ?

Groupon is a commercial site and this forum is free. Happy to make a listing if Groupon either gives special deals to Expat.ru members or become an advertiser.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

There is a local analogue of Groupon, but I did not find it useful for myself. Helena

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    Groupon is a commercial site and this forum is free. Happy to make a listing if Groupon either gives special deals to Expat.ru members or become an advertiser.
    i believe a link posted by members to nicer groupon deals would have helped.. even though groupon does not give any addl benefits for expat.ru members it would help the forum members know about the selected deals from the big list advertised in the in the groupon newsletters..

Ready to make an exception to the rule that other sites are not to be promoted, but it would help if you can give me an idea about how big groupon is here in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
    i believe a link posted by members to nicer groupon deals would have helped.. even though groupon does not give any addl benefits for expat.ru members it would help the forum members know about the selected deals from the big list advertised in the in the groupon newsletters..
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    Ready to make an exception to the rule that other sites are not to be promoted, but it would help if you can give me an idea about how big groupon is here in Russia.
    hmmm..Frankly I have no clue how big its here in Russia.. BUT I registered for their Moscow location newsletter last week and get a regular update of offers.. some seem quite interesting but would prefer some feedback as to the food etc before booking.. and hence this idea..

For eg..https://groupon.ru/deals/0m-fooddelivery0

Have no clue how good this place is.. is this worth it etc etc.. but seems interesting .. ( the above is just an example)..

Anyone has experience with this place ?

Seems to be an interesting deal IF the place is good..

https://groupon.ru/deals/suliko22?p=...oscow-suliko22

Seems to have a nice review here itself in expat.ru..
    http://expat.ru/restaurantreviews.php?cid=90

Considering my better half is a vegetarian, is it worth taking this groupon offer ?

Abhi, Georgian restaurants are usually either good, or very good. I'm sure you'll find something vegetarian - quick mind shows lobio and adzhapsandal are purely vegetarian, but if she also eats cheese and eggs, add hachapuri and fried suluguni cheese. Jagganath café/restaurant on Kuznetsky Most has vegetarian dishes, as same as New Darbar at Leninsky.

No ideas about groupon though.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Abhi, Georgian restaurants are usually either good, or very good. I'm sure you'll find something vegetarian - quick mind shows lobio and adzhapsandal are purely vegetarian, but if she also eats cheese and eggs, add hachapuri and fried suluguni cheese. Jagganath café/restaurant on Kuznetsky Most has vegetarian dishes, as same as New Darbar at Leninsky.

No ideas about groupon though.
    nice to read this..
    she eats cheese but no egg.. thanks for the prompt reply..

Btw.. seems groupon is not very popular in moscow is it ?
    Its quite popular in SE Asia / India etc..

Thai Massage offer - ThaiLab -- Seems a nice deal ? -