littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Jan long holidays - Recomendations

Jan long holidays - Recomendations

Was checking out holiday options for the Jan New year time.. seems am very late in doing that seeing all the flight prices to Southern Europe ( Spain / Italy)..

Any recos for nice places for that time of year ( end dec - 9/10th Jan) for decent pricing.. Am open to take trains too if worthwhile experience..

Cheers,Abhi

decent pricing at the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
    Was checking out holiday options for the Jan New year time.. seems am very late in doing that seeing all the flight prices to Southern Europe ( Spain / Italy)..

Any recos for nice places for that time of year ( end dec - 9/10th Jan) for decent pricing.. Am open to take trains too if worthwhile experience..

Cheers,Abhi

do you still believe in Santa Claus / I don't.....
    are you a winter sport fan or just want to have a good time? you could try -TEZ- tours they are good for -Austria in Winter-.
    The next few days I might also have news about a 4x week flight direct from Moscow to Klagenfurt ( the town where I come from) and further skiing up to the Nassfeld, no idea at the moment what it is all about. I just heard it o n Klagenfurt Radio at a morning show and waiting for further answers...
    the times that you choose it peak for the -western- New Year and a week later the -Russian Old New Year- peak season also... be prepared to weep and pay.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

do you still believe in Santa Claus / I don't.....
    are you a winter sport fan or just want to have a good time? you could try -TEZ- tours they are good for -Austria in Winter-.
    The next few days I might also have news about a 4x week flight direct from Moscow to Klagenfurt ( the town where I come from) and further skiing up to the Nassfeld, no idea at the moment what it is all about. I just heard it o n Klagenfurt Radio at a morning show and waiting for further answers...
    the times that you choose it peak for the -western- New Year and a week later the -Russian Old New Year- peak season also... be prepared to weep and pay.
    Hmmm.. Santa Claus ok.. but would prefer to be somewhere southern and not similar latitude ..winter sports - possibly no considering will hv a 3 yr kid with me ..

Not looking for Austrian options currently as hv stayed in Vienna for nearly 2 years so hv seen around a bit..

But do let me know what u come to know of..

Czech republic, Vienna< Slovakia. In Russia Sochi, Sothern Bank of Crimea. It is relatively warm in Georgia, go to Tbilisi, not bad in Armenia, Uzbekistan. There is a lot of sightseeing attractions in these locations. Helena

Quote Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
    ..winter sports - possibly no considering will hv a 3 yr kid with me ..
    There will be lots of rich Russian kids of a similar age enrolled in ski school in foreign resorts. If you want to keep up with the Smirnovs, your 3 year old NEEDS a skiing holiday

wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    There will be lots of rich Russian kids of a similar age enrolled in ski school in foreign resorts. If you want to keep up with the Smirnovs, your 3 year old NEEDS a skiing holiday

it will be seen as your patriotic duty that you schlepp your offspring(s) to Sochi and Krasnaya Polana and go skiing there... After all VV put a zillion $$ pleasure resort there and the empty beds and ski lifts need to be operation and show a profit.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by helenamoscow View Post
    Czech republic, Vienna< Slovakia. In Russia Sochi, Sothern Bank of Crimea. It is relatively warm in Georgia, go to Tbilisi, not bad in Armenia, Uzbekistan. There is a lot of sightseeing attractions in these locations. Helena
    Central & Eastern Europe.. done that earlier..
    Southern Russian options seem more appealing as is Georgia / Armenia and Uzbekistan..hmmmm...
    Thanks for the ideas..