littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Vacancies shown in Employment Section

Vacancies shown in Employment Section

I am a free-lance proof-reader and saw a post in the employment section asking for a native English proof-reader. I contacted the advertiser, Yota Devices' asking for more details to the email address provided. I received the following reply.

"Please, write me your price for 100 words and 1000 symbols"
    when I wrote back asking for clarification on 1,000 symbols and what exactly they mean I received no reply. I wrote again and still nothing. I am beginning to wonder if this advert is genuine and if so why they have not had the courtesy to reply and answer my questions.
    Hi I am an educated English male interested in working in Moscow. I have a good command of the English language and will consider anything within reason. Do not speak Russian at present. Any ideas?
    At present I am working in England as a freelance editor and proofreader for several publishers and want a change of scenery and working environment.

It is genuine but...

I get the feeling they are after the cheapest offer that they can find and they don't want to communicate too much with people who know what they are talking about.