littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: four Mc D's closed....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,326
    Thanked: 4937

    four Mc D's closed....

    http://www.businessinsider.com/r-rus...bedde543158076

    silly indeed in my opinion if it is only because of the sanctions. they use mainly local produce, except potatoes, I believe they come from Poland, though I might be wrong.

    that they serve junk is well known, it is also known what is inside, if they were looking for these reasons, not one Mc D or any other burger flipper should have been allowed to open. And neither the Shwarma places, or Rostics which is now KFC....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,739
    Thanked: 3391
    It is paid by Kroshka-kartoshka and Teremok!

    Damned Russian corruption!

    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,326
    Thanked: 4937

    the -locals- have their chance now...

    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    It is paid by Kroshka-kartoshka and Teremok!

    Damned Russian corruption!

    or some other -importet- ones. but their burgers taste nothing better, fries are the same lousy and it the deep fryer fat stinks out onto the street and to high heavens....
    ( was in the center today after a long time, one has to eat something, so I thought I give another -American- burger joint, other than McD, at the Old Arbat a try. was not worth it. and not to be back again, for sure.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,431
    Thanked: 6224
    Yikes - Where will junior CIA officers now meet their agents?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saint Petersburg
    Posts
    14,576
    Thanked: 2257
    Yikes - Where will junior CIA officers now meet their agents?
    In shaurma restaurants? The Russians don't need imperialistic McDonalnds, shaurmas is the symbol of Eurasian integration and international friendship. Most of the eaters get diarrhea after consuming shaurma or just throw it up or both, it depends on how the fate might turn - but it is only for their own good - it empties the stomach for more shaurmas and guarantees the Russians will never be fat.
    The closure of a few McDonald's places is just a lame show - why not close all of them and leave thousands of Russians jobless and scratching their unemployed arses? Cheap menial labor will be needed during the construction of the bridge to the Crimea. We also need more prisoners for this.
    Last edited by Russian Lad; 21-08-2014 at 16:44.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,326
    Thanked: 4937

    each McD, Wendies and whatever, will never be closed

    The closure of a few McDonald's places is just a lame show - why not close all of them and leave thousands of Russians jobless and scratching their unemployed arses? Cheap menial labor will be needed during the construction of the bridge to the Crimea. We also need more prisoners for this.[/QUOTE]



    to much money involved ( at least in Moscow) to go into the city coffers. as far as I know, or don't know, is Canada also part of the willing -sanctioneers-? McD is a Canada subsidy and not USA.Shyster lawyers therefore might argue, they are not involved.
    Also all McD's are franchises. Meaning the equipments, furniture and restaurant belongs to local owners and not McD. if they take off their golden arches, it will be -RusBurger- and someone will make patties and pickles and fries.... -Mak Fabrika- in Solntsevo District where most of the stuff is being produced, does also not belong to McD. they just will carry on.
    Producing and flipping a burger is not atomic science, and plenty people who are willing to take over.
    After all why KFC took over all Rostics? for sure not because they like Russia so much? it is for the money, and nothing else. so with McD it could be the reverse,a local will take over from them....
    A burger per se does not have to be = junk food= it is just the way it is done, that gave it a bad name. maybe it is time to change that all? obvious for 55 rubles it will be hard to deliver quality....

    and these sanitation laws? used for closing down, even temporary, a place?
    I can go into ANY hotel,restaurant, Kabak in Moscow and find 5 LEGAL (not even sanitation laws...) to close down any place. And every Chef, cook and manager KNOW that they are violating these laws, but carry on happily.( I learned the hard way in Lipetsk, where they wanted to show me, the foreigner who comes from Moscow, that they have the laws to the last letter...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,774
    Thanked: 729
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    as far as I know, or don't know, is Canada also part of the willing -sanctioneers-? McD is a Canada subsidy and not USA.
    Yes, Canada involved. Yes, it is a subsidiary of McDonald's Canada - which is owned by McD's. So they're stuck any way around.

    Also all McD's are franchises.
    Not true. In fact, in Russia, almost all are owned and operated by McD's directly. Only a handful are franchises - the ones in airports and trainstations run by Rosinter (I think).

    and these sanitation laws? used for closing down, even temporary, a place?
    I can go into ANY hotel,restaurant, Kabak in Moscow and find 5 LEGAL (not even sanitation laws...) to close down any place.
    Plus they closed them without the warning period or chance to fix things.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanked: 14
    Well, the biggest and the first ever to open McD on Bol'shaya Bronnaya is indeed a scary place (in terms of how they prepare food)!
    My brother used to work for McD when he was a student. There would be one 'base' where you'd work most of your shifts but from time to time they'd send you over to other locations "to help out". He had the (bad, presumably) luck to have worked on Bol'shaya Bronnaya for a few days. After what he told me I realised that if I really did want a McDonald's I should: a) never go when it's busy; b) avoid big McDs at all costs!
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

    Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,739
    Thanked: 3391
    Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    I should: a) never go when it's busy; b) avoid big McDs at all costs!
    Correct, especially if you want to use McD for it's intended purpose - as the free WC.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Zelenograd (Moscow)
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    After all why KFC took over all Rostics? for sure not because they like Russia so much? it is for the money, and nothing else..



    As far as I know, the founder and owner of Rostic's is a former Russian immigrant or his parents were Russian emigrants and he has a rather Russian surname indeed. And it's clear why he came to Russia with his business... By the way Rostic's is registered as Russian enterprise so no questions arise in terms of politics, sanctions, etc..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    2,994
    Thanked: 705
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    In shaurma restaurants? The Russians don't need imperialistic McDonalnds, shaurmas is the symbol of Eurasian integration and international friendship. Most of the eaters get diarrhea after consuming shaurma or just throw it up or both, it depends on how the fate might turn - but it is only for their own good - it empties the stomach for more shaurmas and guarantees the Russians will never be fat.
    The closure of a few McDonald's places is just a lame show - why not close all of them and leave thousands of Russians jobless and scratching their unemployed arses? Cheap menial labor will be needed during the construction of the bridge to the Crimea. We also need more prisoners for this.
    And in the UK, a certain criminal group was suspected of getting rid of their murder victims, can you guess how?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    15,155
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    Well, the biggest and the first ever to open McD on Bol'shaya Bronnaya is indeed a scary place (in terms of how they prepare food)!
    My brother used to work for McD when he was a student. There would be one 'base' where you'd work most of your shifts but from time to time they'd send you over to other locations "to help out". He had the (bad, presumably) luck to have worked on Bol'shaya Bronnaya for a few days. After what he told me I realised that if I really did want a McDonald's I should: a) never go when it's busy; b) avoid big McDs at all costs!
    I haven't been in McDs, BK, Wendys, etc. in literally decades


    Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,326
    Thanked: 4937

    it is not Rostics anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by Alenkazel View Post
    As far as I know, the founder and owner of Rostic's is a former Russian immigrant or his parents were Russian emigrants and he has a rather Russian surname indeed. And it's clear why he came to Russia with his business... By the way Rostic's is registered as Russian enterprise so no questions arise in terms of politics, sanctions, etc..
    [/COLOR]

    it is KFC now and you can see the Colonel's smiling face everywhere and not the chicken (Rostic's logo). The owner, a long -south American- name, can't recall at the moment, came back to Russia, convincing Kodak to put up the automatic lines that develops photos in 10-15 minutes. something unknown here before.
    then he saw that there is no -fried chicken- copied KFC, deep fryers and everything, except the coleslaw was Russian cabbage and there was no mash and gravy.
    the story of the founder...
    http://russiaprofile.org/business/a1...print_edition/
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •