littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Kasyanov won't be candidate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,085
    Thanked: 0

    Kasyanov won't be candidate

    About 15% of signatures he collected were false or forged. The central electoral commission has not accepted he is a candidate.

    Let's be ready for the usual comments of "democrats" from Europe and USA...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanked: 3
    You know it didn't matter, now or later. Russia will still get ragged on.

    Look who does it though, USA, England, two places with little resources left and even less friends in the world.

    Why worry Russia doesn't need them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    2,999
    Thanked: 705
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    You know it didn't matter, now or later. Russia will still get ragged on.

    Look who does it though, USA, England, two places with little resources left and even less friends in the world.

    Why worry Russia doesn't need them.
    You are moaning and making accusations about things that haven't even happened. And talking about friends, how many friends does Russia have in the world? Even Belarus only deals with Russia out of necessity.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanked: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    You are moaning and making accusations about things that haven't even happened. And talking about friends, how many friends does Russia have in the world? Even Belarus only deals with Russia out of necessity.
    The truly powerful don't need friends.

    Don't worry fenrir they will happen.

    If you can't see how great Russia is you must be blind.

    Russia is the only country that can survive on it's own in this modern world.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    2,999
    Thanked: 705
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    The truly powerful don't need friends.

    Don't worry fenrir they will happen.

    If you can't see how great Russia is you must be blind.

    Russia is the only country that can survive on it's own in this modern world.
    It is disturbing if you truly believe everything you have just written. Do you think the same about people?

  6. #6
    Transparent Theatre's Avatar
    Transparent Theatre is offline ungrateful child of the liberal bourgeousie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    back home in Moscow at last :)
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanked: 1
    Sadly, Fenrir, Willy is right.

    # Russia asks Ukraine to pay the world market price for gas - Russia is accused of putting unfair pressure on the plucky little independent country of Ukraine.

    # Russia takes steps to cut-off the supply when Ukrainians are found stealing the gas they refuse to buy - Russia is accused of being an "unreliable energy partner" because of its unfair policies towards plucky little gas-stealing independent Ukraine.

    # Russia objects to America pointing missiles at it from newly-built silos Poland - the world calls Russia a vicious warmongering dictatorship.

    As for Russia having no allies except Belarus... trying Googling the words "South Stream Pipeline" and read the results.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    332
    Thanked: 0
    Ah, Russia can't feed itself, which I would think is a priority for a country without friends.

    Last year, the productivity gain in Russian Agriculture was 3%, while prices climbed dramatically. It also why the Russian Government lowered tarrifs on food imports.

    Food prices have been and will continue to raise dramatically this year. The current "official" inflation rate in Russia for January is 1.9%. If that rate continues Russia will have a 22% inflation rate for 2008. That rate does not include the Russian government figures or Russian owned companies.

    I'm not gloating about this because it will hurt the people that can least afford it: old people on fixed income.

    If by the truly powerful you mean: Luzhkov, his wife, and the other Russian billionares and millionares, then you are right. I think they are more than willing and able to help themselves. In fact, they already have.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    2,999
    Thanked: 705
    Quote Originally Posted by Transparent Theatre View Post
    Sadly, Fenrir, Willy is right.

    # Russia asks Ukraine to pay the world market price for gas - Russia is accused of putting unfair pressure on the plucky little independent country of Ukraine.

    # Russia takes steps to cut-off the supply when Ukrainians are found stealing the gas they refuse to buy - Russia is accused of being an "unreliable energy partner" because of its unfair policies towards plucky little gas-stealing independent Ukraine.

    # Russia objects to America pointing missiles at it from newly-built silos Poland - the world calls Russia a vicious warmongering dictatorship.

    As for Russia having no allies except Belarus... trying Googling the words "South Stream Pipeline" and read the results.

    America has no missiles in Poland. They want to put them there but there they are not.

    The world jumped on Russia about gas prices to Ukraine because the rise in gas prices just 'happened' to coincide with political events that displeased the Kremlin.

    The unreliable gas partner accusation was because when they cut off Ukraine, they also cut off some EU countries at the same time who had nothing to do with the Russia-Ukraine disagreement. I know Russia is trying to fix this problem with their new pipelines and until they do, Ukraine will have some leverage over exports to the EU. Once the new pipelines are operational though, Ukraine's game will be up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanked: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfsup37 View Post
    Ah, Russia can't feed itself, which I would think is a priority for a country without friends.

    Last year, the productivity gain in Russian Agriculture was 3%, while prices climbed dramatically. It also why the Russian Government lowered tarrifs on food imports.

    Food prices have been and will continue to raise dramatically this year. The current "official" inflation rate in Russia for January is 1.9%. If that rate continues Russia will have a 22% inflation rate for 2008. That rate does not include the Russian government figures or Russian owned companies.

    I'm not gloating about this because it will hurt the people that can least afford it: old people on fixed income.

    If by the truly powerful you mean: Luzhkov, his wife, and the other Russian billionares and millionares, then you are right. I think they are more than willing and able to help themselves. In fact, they already have.
    I thought Russia exported grain. I think Russians like to buy imports over Russian products, it's a psychological thing. 22% inflation rate? Well if you looked bread, eggs, milk, even a MacDonald's hamburger is cheaper here and always was.

    Who has been pushing Russia to privatise their energy markets? The west, why so they can make more money. Will it be good? I don't think so. Look what happen when they broke up Ma Bell, they said we would get better phone service cheaper. That did not happen, Americans pay a lot more now for phone service, something that is hard to live without. Same with electricity, you can't live in the modern world without it. The price for it keeps going up although they keep making and selling more and more.

    In America I heard that they will start allowing pensioners to go back to work so they can pay home owners or land taxes. Instead of just taking their homes like they did before, the government is so nice there.

    There are millions of homeless people in America and more every year. Not just drunks but families!
    Poor people get thrown out of hospitals to die in the street.
    There are more black men in jail than in collages, there are just more people in jail in America than here.
    People in America with money are more equal than people without.

    Hey why don't you people give Russia a chance? Instead of trying to keep her down while you split up her riches.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanked: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    America has no missiles in Poland. They want to put them there but there they are not.

    The world jumped on Russia about gas prices to Ukraine because the rise in gas prices just 'happened' to coincide with political events that displeased the Kremlin.

    The unreliable gas partner accusation was because when they cut off Ukraine, they also cut off some EU countries at the same time who had nothing to do with the Russia-Ukraine disagreement. I know Russia is trying to fix this problem with their new pipelines and until they do, Ukraine will have some leverage over exports to the EU. Once the new pipelines are operational though, Ukraine's game will be up.
    Why should Russia support unfriendly neighbors? It was Ukraine who was in the wrong, Europe should have said pay up or gave them the money. If America wants Ukraine to break from Russia let them pay for the gas.

    I think Europe got the wrong message and blamed the wrong one.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,085
    Thanked: 0
    You are right, after all you don't give a discount to people who permanently criticize and fight against you.

    Anyway on a more general aspect, saying Russia does not need "friends" is wrong, better to say that Russia wants TRUE and SINCERE friends, better than a lot of hypocrites "friends" who just think "and how can we get their oil and gas?", for example.



    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Why should Russia support unfriendly neighbors? It was Ukraine who was in the wrong, Europe should have said pay up or gave them the money. If America wants Ukraine to break from Russia let them pay for the gas.

    I think Europe got the wrong message and blamed the wrong one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    332
    Thanked: 0
    Willy,

    I thought Russia exported grain. I think Russians like to buy imports over Russian products, it's a psychological thing. 22% inflation rate? Well if you looked bread, eggs, milk, even a MacDonald's hamburger is cheaper here and always was.

    Russia was exporting grain because they could make more on the international markets than internally. The Russian government recently forbid exports instead of raising the prices (price controls). Of course, most grain exporters then immediately tried to dump their grain internationally so that they could still make a profit. Russian has been importing a lot of their meat and dairy products for a long time. The hamburger is cheaper here, but not for the average Russian.

    Who has been pushing Russia to privatise their energy markets? The west, why so they can make more money. Will it be good?


    I am not sure where you get your information, but the Russian government is trying to privatize their energy market. Why, because it is way behind in investment. The Russian government needs hundreds of billions to modernize their electricity infrastructure. They want western investors to provide those hundreds of billions. I don't know if you live in Moscow, but Moscow could be facing blackouts and brown outs in the near future. Look at all those buildings that are being built or have been built. Where is the energy to heat, light etc those buildings?

    You think Moscow roads have problems? You should see the energy infrastructure for Moscow, let alone Russia!


    I don't think so. Look what happen when they broke up Ma Bell, they said we would get better phone service cheaper. That did not happen, Americans pay a lot more now for phone service, something that is hard to live without
    .

    If you go back to the US, look at a phone bill. Most of your bill will be taxes. Basic service which is local phone service will be less than 10 dollars, and long distance is even cheaper. Now, if you get all of the new services than yes it can be up to $20.

    Same with electricity, you can't live in the modern world without it. The price for it keeps going up although they keep making and selling more and more.

    The cost of electricity is based on the cost of energy to produce. Currently, electricity is subsidsed in Russia which means the idea of conservation makes no sense. Russians have no reason to conserve, unless it is being used for heating. The price of electricity is supposed to cover costs in the year 2011, where it should still be cheaper thanks to internal supplies. Ah, but maybe not because Russia is trying to sell its gas to Europe, and it doesn't have enough to supply Russia and Europe. So, guess what. It is trying to buy cheap gas from Turkmenistan, and sell its gas to Europe for a 300 % profit. Which is capitalism, and good for the Russians. However, you may ask why Turkmenistan should sell cheap gas to Russian, and instead sell it for 3 times the price to Europe directly, but I think you know the answer.

    I'm not sure how I am keeping Russia down. Moscow has more Billionares than any other city in the world according to Forbes. Those are Russian billionares not western, which is Russia's right. Russia's riches are mostly owned by the government and the oligarchs, and those are the ones making money off them. As far as you claim down below, Russia's economy would collapse if it couldn't sell it gas and oil to the world.

    I didn't claim any country to be paradise on earth. I just responded to your claims:

    If you can't see how great Russia is you must be blind.

    Russia is the only country that can survive on it's own in this modern world
    .

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanked: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfsup37 View Post
    Willy,

    I thought Russia exported grain. I think Russians like to buy imports over Russian products, it's a psychological thing. 22% inflation rate? Well if you looked bread, eggs, milk, even a MacDonald's hamburger is cheaper here and always was.

    Russia was exporting grain because they could make more on the international markets than internally. The Russian government recently forbid exports instead of raising the prices (price controls). Of course, most grain exporters then immediately tried to dump their grain internationally so that they could still make a profit. Russian has been importing a lot of their meat and dairy products for a long time. The hamburger is cheaper here, but not for the average Russian.

    Who has been pushing Russia to privatise their energy markets? The west, why so they can make more money. Will it be good?


    I am not sure where you get your information, but the Russian government is trying to privatize their energy market. Why, because it is way behind in investment. The Russian government needs hundreds of billions to modernize their electricity infrastructure. They want western investors to provide those hundreds of billions. I don't know if you live in Moscow, but Moscow could be facing blackouts and brown outs in the near future. Look at all those buildings that are being built or have been built. Where is the energy to heat, light etc those buildings?

    You think Moscow roads have problems? You should see the energy infrastructure for Moscow, let alone Russia!


    I don't think so. Look what happen when they broke up Ma Bell, they said we would get better phone service cheaper. That did not happen, Americans pay a lot more now for phone service, something that is hard to live without
    .

    If you go back to the US, look at a phone bill. Most of your bill will be taxes. Basic service which is local phone service will be less than 10 dollars, and long distance is even cheaper. Now, if you get all of the new services than yes it can be up to $20.

    Same with electricity, you can't live in the modern world without it. The price for it keeps going up although they keep making and selling more and more.

    The cost of electricity is based on the cost of energy to produce. Currently, electricity is subsidsed in Russia which means the idea of conservation makes no sense. Russians have no reason to conserve, unless it is being used for heating. The price of electricity is supposed to cover costs in the year 2011, where it should still be cheaper thanks to internal supplies. Ah, but maybe not because Russia is trying to sell its gas to Europe, and it doesn't have enough to supply Russia and Europe. So, guess what. It is trying to buy cheap gas from Turkmenistan, and sell its gas to Europe for a 300 % profit. Which is capitalism, and good for the Russians. However, you may ask why Turkmenistan should sell cheap gas to Russian, and instead sell it for 3 times the price to Europe directly, but I think you know the answer.

    I'm not sure how I am keeping Russia down. Moscow has more Billionares than any other city in the world according to Forbes. Those are Russian billionares not western, which is Russia's right. Russia's riches are mostly owned by the government and the oligarchs, and those are the ones making money off them. As far as you claim down below, Russia's economy would collapse if it couldn't sell it gas and oil to the world.

    I didn't claim any country to be paradise on earth. I just responded to your claims:

    If you can't see how great Russia is you must be blind.

    Russia is the only country that can survive on it's own in this modern world
    .

    Well I've got to say this guy did his homework.

    I know things aren't managed very well sometimes but Russia does have more resources than any other country, it is the new land of opportunity.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,085
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Well I've got to say this guy did his homework.

    I know things aren't managed very well sometimes but Russia does have more resources than any other country, it is the new land of opportunity.

    Natural resources yes, AND also Russians today WANT to make something! During the time when western Europe works 35 hours by week (LOL), close their shops on Sundays, etc etc, Russians agree to work 24/7 because they understood that they have to work to live better!
    Plus a strong patriotism feeling, compared with the disappearance of the national identity feeling in most european countries.

    All together makes Russia THE country that offers the best opportunities for who wants to succeed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    2,999
    Thanked: 705
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    During the time when western Europe works 35 hours by week (LOL), close their shops on Sundays, etc etc.
    The French have this idiotic 35-hour work week and the Finns close almost everything early on Saturday night and very little is open on Sundays (not even many cafes or bars). At least here in Estonia people know how to work. Places are open 7 days a week and large shops are open to 10 or 11 PM. Many of my friends and I work two jobs, some just to get by, others (like me) to have a higher standard of living.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •