littleangels        English Nanny
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: Russia....Declare Dual Citizenship

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanked: 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    By the way, now she and you as well Natlee are in the database of traitors of Russia.
    I, on the other hand, because I took RF citizenship, am now in the database of heros
    Or weirdos!

    Natlee herself does NOT have dual citizenship so is another weirdo!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanked: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Or weirdos!

    Come to think of it, that is probably more likely

    Natlee herself does NOT have dual citizenship so is another weirdo!
    Why NOT ?? You`re white, aren`t you. I read somewhere on this forum that in that case, you can get a UK passport thrown at you !
    I used to think math was no fun,
    'Cause I didn't get how it's done.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to SV1973a For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanked: 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    Why NOT ?? You`re white, aren`t you. I read somewhere on this forum that in that case, you can get a UK passport thrown at you !
    Worth a try!

    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,249
    Thanked: 3832
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Or weirdos!

    Natlee herself does NOT have dual citizenship so is another weirdo!


    That's kind of why I like you so much! Not the dual thing, the weirdo thing, it's so sexy!!!


    But if your guy loves his new baby girl he will want to make sure her mom is safe and sercure too. You need a UK passport too, you don't need to live there but...
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  8. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    afggxfgsf
    Posts
    745
    Thanked: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You need a UK passport too, you don't need to live there but...

    Sorry, but you do need to actually live there to get one.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to tonytony For This Useful Post:


  10. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19
    Thanked: 1

    Informing FMS

    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Can't find any info as far as the process - just that I need to inform FMS in writing. Form? Docs? Anyone know?
    Yes, to go to the post office is the easiest way, as post office people do jot really kow the procedure well, they take the photocopies of both of your passports, a copy of your internal passport, the application form, make you pay the delivery service and you are free

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ais For This Useful Post:


  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Moscow/Stockholm
    Posts
    6,490
    Thanked: 105
    Quote Originally Posted by ais View Post
    Yes, to go to the post office is the easiest way, as post office people do jot really kow the procedure well, they take the photocopies of both of your passports, a copy of your internal passport, the application form, make you pay the delivery service and you are free
    No, they don't take a copy of your application form. You must have two originals.
    And you should send the docs with a registered letter.
    And you must take care of the receipt. I suspect, it's a good idea to make copies of the latter and have one at hand, at least, when one crossing the border.
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to penka For This Useful Post:


  14. #53
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,659
    Thanked: 3624
    It looks like they are already checking..


    Russia Launches First Criminal Case for Failing to Report Foreign Residency.

    Finally bringing down the hammer of justice on Russians who fail to report multiple state affiliations, the Investigative Committee launched the first criminal case against a Russian citizen for failing to report residency in Estonia.
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...cy/513047.html

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:


  16. #54
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,659
    Thanked: 3624
    Postested by Ptichkin

    Important notice! There are few articles in designated visa/migration blogs about demands to show the dual citizenship notification receipt at the border! The presense of the foreign citizenship can be easily determined by the absense of the visa to destination country in your Russian passport if Russians generally need it. So make a copy (I recommend to store original receipt safe) of the receipt and keep it handy!
    ....

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:


  18. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    MOSCOW, RUSSIA
    Posts
    52
    Thanked: 7
    Hello Everyone!

    I'm an American/Russian dual citizen and I have arrived into Moscow. I need to report my Dual Citizenship because I intend to stay here for at least a year. Yes, I'm delayed in reporting my dual citizenship... which is why I'm doing it now!

    I downloaded the official form off the FMS website. Anyway, I don't have an FMS registration address here in Russia... because my Russian Foreign passport was issued at an American Consulate. What do I write for this: (наименование территориального органа ФМС России или его структурного подразделения)??

    Also, I've read that some people have reported their dual citizenship at either a Post Office here or an FMS office. What do you recommend?

    And, should I bring scanned copies of my birth certificate and both passports to either the Post Office or FMS?

    I hope someone can help me, please! Thank you in advance!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to mhelena For This Useful Post:


  20. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,621
    Thanked: 3264
    Консульский отдел посольства РФ в США, г. Сан-Франциско or alike.

    Regarding other questions call Moscow UFMS hotline and ask:

    http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/ufms/hotline.html
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:


  22. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 0
    Hello everyone!

    I've read all the messages in this thread and it seems pretty clear that I need to register my second (original) citizenship.

    I received Russian citizenship about a month ago. I was told I needed to go to FMS and tell them about my other citizenship. So I went to my local FMS and they told me I couldn't register it as it's only for people whose original citizenship is Russian, not the other way around.

    I obviously wrote the required letter to my embassy stating that I wish to revoke my original citizenship, but I was also advised that this was just formality and I wouldn't need to follow through on it. Now I'm confused.

    Have any of you who recently received Russian citizenship, and wrote the letter to revoke your original citizenship, actually been able to register your second (original) citizenship at UFMS? I've been to my local office twice now and they refuse to do it.

    Thanks

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    686
    Thanked: 545
    Salix, You sound like an old timer, naming the migration service the UFMS.

    I am a US citizen and have RF citizenship, obtained about two years ago. I applied for RU citizenship here in Russia, using my US citizenship as part of the application. As a result, the migration officials know full well I have US and RU citizenship. So I left it at that and never provided any other notification about it.

    In my view, there is no need to follow up on the letter revoking your original citizenship. It means nothing.

    As far as I'm concerned, I'm covered. If you have doubts, what does your local multi-functional center say?
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 10-03-2020 at 15:15.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

    Salix (10-03-2020)

  25. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    381
    Thanked: 191
    Quote Originally Posted by Salix View Post
    Hello everyone!

    I've read all the messages in this thread and it seems pretty clear that I need to register my second (original) citizenship.

    I received Russian citizenship about a month ago. I was told I needed to go to FMS and tell them about my other citizenship. So I went to my local FMS and they told me I couldn't register it as it's only for people whose original citizenship is Russian, not the other way around.

    I obviously wrote the required letter to my embassy stating that I wish to revoke my original citizenship, but I was also advised that this was just formality and I wouldn't need to follow through on it. Now I'm confused.

    Have any of you who recently received Russian citizenship, and wrote the letter to revoke your original citizenship, actually been able to register your second (original) citizenship at UFMS? I've been to my local office twice now and they refuse to do it.

    Thanks
    Here's a message from a member of our forum who investigated that question: https://forum.expat.ru/showthread.ph...26#post1461926

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

    Max1982 (13-03-2020), Salix (10-03-2020)

  27. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm covered. If you have doubts, what does your local multi-functional center say?
    Thanks for the reply.

    I went to my local multi-function center twice and they said I don't need to do it, and there's no way for them to register my original passport as the law only requires people whose first citizenship was Russian.

    But I'm getting conflicting reports from different sources.

    I don't want to put my new citizenship at risk by not following the law, but most people are saying the law doesn't apply in my case.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •