littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia....Declare Dual Citizenship

Just spoke with FMS, they said they will have information after the 26th July. Until then just hold your breath!

This was in Kazan, not Moscow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kazan steve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kazan steve View Post
    they said they will have information after the 26th July. Until then just hold your breath!
    Cool people live in Kazan, yep...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    When you travel, you show your Russian pass at the border. They see, there is no visa. So, they know
    So...would they require you to carry that paper (or whatever there should be) that says you have in, fact, DECLARED your other citizenship? Unless by "declare" they actually mean "renounce"? If you have declared it, would you be required to have proof of this anywhere you go? I mean, it all looks rather funny to me and is surely to get pretty messy when they try to enforce it...
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    So...would they require you to carry that paper (or whatever there should be) that says you have in, fact, DECLARED your other citizenship? Unless by "declare" they actually mean "renounce"? If you have declared it, would you be required to have proof of this anywhere you go? I mean, it all looks rather funny to me and is surely to get pretty messy when they try to enforce it...
    Hubby is not American citizen but had to register in Russian Consulate in USA before Moscow would renew his international passport. No stamp in internal or external passports. They put it in the computer so the info can only be accessed by official agencies that have right to look up passport numbers. He also is registered in our apt in Russia which is in his internal passport. He is not required to carry any documents that he is living in USA.
    "We're all mad here."
    Cheshire Cat

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PJB For This Useful Post:

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Russia could gain as many as 10 million new outlaws by Oct. 5, once the deadline has passed for dual citizens to declare their status as such to the Federal Migration Service.

President Vladimir Putin signed a law in June requiring Russians with foreign passports to report their second citizenship to the government.

Foreign residency permits must also be reported, ministry official Valentina Kazakova said at a press conference in Moscow on Thursday, where the Oct. 4 deadline was announced.

Failure to register will constitute a criminal offense punishable by a fine of up to 200,000 rubles ($5,500) or up to 400 hours of community service.

Russians who live outside the country will not be required to report their status by the Oct. 4 deadline, Kazakova said. In any case, reporting can only be done at the migration service's office. Embassies and consulates are not authorized to handle the job.

But those with multiple passport or foreign residency permits will have to report themselves within 60 days of their first visit to Russia, Kazakova said.

The rule applies even if the holder of two passports pops over to the fatherland for a brief visit say, the New Year's celebrations, she said.

Russian dual citizens that blow the deadline may be able to get away with a fine of 500-1,000 rubles ($15-30), but are strongly encouraged to register before a criminal case is launched.

At present, it remains unclear how a citizen who misses the deadline due to living abroad will be required to prove that he or she was, indeed, out of the country.

Migration officials and the migration watchdog's press service also failed to immediately clarify whether people who have previously declared their second citizenship status e.g. in passport applications would be required to redeclare.

Call center staff at the Federal Migration Service's Moscow office provided conflicting answers to various queries on the issue during separate calls made Thursday, though cohesion appeared to be on the rise as the day progressed.

As many as 10 million people could be affected by the law, according to estimates by the think tank Migration XXI Century in Moscow, cited by RBC Daily news website.

The Russian diaspora worldwide consists of up to 37 million people, including about 17 million living in the former Soviet republics, according to Migration XXI Century.

The dual citizenship bill was introduced by conservative lawmakers with President Vladimir Putin's blessing after Russia's relations with the West began to deteriorate over the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.

It is widely seen as being aimed at the potential "fifth column" of Russians living in the EU and the U.S.

"I guess if Catherine the Great were living here now, it would mean she'd have to register as a German citizen," quipped a Muscovite with an American passport she obtained by marriage, in reference to the empress' Teutonic heritage. The woman declined to give her name to avoid trouble with migration authorities.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...ip/504769.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Re: Russia....Declare Dual Citizenship

Text of the prikaz from FMS (in russian) -
    Приказ Федеральной миграционной службы от 28 июля 2014 г. № 450
    "Об утверждении форм и порядка подачи уведомлений о наличии у гражданина Российской Федерации иного гражданства либо вида на жительство или иного действительного документа, подтверждающего право на его постоянное проживание в иностранном государстве"

Video of the FMS press conference

Electronic copies of the form which needs to be submitted to FMS in PDF & excel with example

Brief summary of submission procedure of the form:
    1) The form can be submitted in Russia only, submission via internet is not possible. Consulates & embassies are not authorized to accept the form. It is not possible ot send it via post from outside Russia.
    2) The form can be submitted at a FMS office or at the post office, similar to registration of foreigners.
    3) Submission in FMS is free, if you submit at a post office, you pay for the postage.
    4) The submission has to be done personally along with your passport. You cannot submit the form for another adult.
    5) Legal representatives of minor can submit the form for minors as long as they are able to submit proof confirming the same.
    6) There are two kinds of forms - one for adults & one for minors (link above)
    7) On submission of the form, you will receive the tear off portion with either the stamp of the FMS or the post office depending on where you submit it. This document will be the proof of submission - similar to registration.
    8) Existing residence permits and (multiple) citizenship must be notified before 02/10/2014 inclusive.
    9) If you acquire a residence permit or dual citizenship you need to notify FMS within within 60 days.
    10) As per the ministry official Valentina Kazakova, anyone who was not able to inform FMS because he was outside Russia is obliged to notify the FMS within 60 days after the first entry into Russia. They are exempt from any liability because they did not have the means to inform the FMS earlier. It is worth noting that these words are not supported by any document yet.
    11) Copies of documents to submitted along with the form: copy of an identity document (passport), a document certifying the right of permanent residence / citizenship (if applicable), proof of relationship / guardianship of a minor / (in the case of notification for minors / handicapped). Simple copy will do no need to translate / certify / apostill.
    << Thanks & regards >>

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nandy_a For This Useful Post:

My wife and son will be leaving Russia next week to take up residency in UK. Wife has a residence permit, son has dual citizenship.

As this is before the October deadline for registration, will they be able to leave without registering?

Anyone know the status on this?

Don know if this info can help any, but I was told that it is regarding this registration of dual citizenship

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Done done done!!!

Declared! 3.5 fecking hours at the local UFMS including lunch break but done done done now!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Well done done done Nat...
    only a copy was needed then, no translation of any info in English?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Uvedomlenie filled out and simple copies of both passports (or residence permit(s)) - main page and registration/propiska for the Rus one, main page for the other one. For minors it's a copy of a parent's passport, the child's birth certificate and passport (in our case) of the other country. No translations or originals needed.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Well done done done Nat...
    only a copy was needed then, no translation of any info in English?
    For me, wife and kids, only the copy was needed.
    However keep in mind that in case you declare dual citizenship of kids, you need to also include a copy of the passport of the mother (or father), depending on who comes to make the declaration !
    So, copy of passport of mother for each child is needed.
    I used to think math was no fun,
    'Cause I didn't get how it's done.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SV1973a For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    For me, wife and kids, only the copy was needed.
    However keep in mind that in case you declare dual citizenship of kids, you need to also include a copy of the passport of the mother (or father), depending on who comes to make the declaration !
    So, copy of passport of mother for each child is needed.
    Yes, I wrote that (I think) - again, main page and registration!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Yes, I wrote that (I think) - again, main page and registration!
    Yes, you did. Hadn`t seen it. Anyway, my wife did this two weeks ago, and she didn`t know about requirement of copy of her passport for the kids as well.
    The officer of FMS was nice to her, and she took the copies herself.

By the way, now she and you as well Natlee are in the database of traitors of Russia.
    I, on the other hand, because I took RF citizenship, am now in the database of heros
    I used to think math was no fun,
    'Cause I didn't get how it's done.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SV1973a For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast