littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Russia....Declare Dual Citizenship

  1. #16
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,646
    Thanked: 3615
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Can't find any info as far as the process - just that I need to inform FMS in writing. Form? Docs? Anyone know?
    I'll be visiting my local fms next week and will find out, I think a written letter from you with details about the other citizenship should be enough..
    They also might need copies of other passport with translation, will see what's needed.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,495
    Thanked: 3142
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Can't find any info as far as the process - just that I need to inform FMS in writing. Form? Docs? Anyone know?
    http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/feedback/question.html

    http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/ufms/hotline.html
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:


  4. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanked: 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I'll be visiting my local fms next week and will find out, I think a written letter from you with details about the other citizenship should be enough..
    They also might need copies of other passport with translation, will see what's needed.
    Thanks you guys, but the form does look scary Will try the phone number first!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanked: 14
    Hmmm...One thing I am not sure about is how they are going to monitor all this. How do you know that your regular Marya Ivanovna is a dual-citizenship holder? It wouldn't be written across her face, would it? And the passport issued by another state is not in any way declared by this state to any other country's authority.
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

    Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicY For This Useful Post:


  8. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,495
    Thanked: 3142
    Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    And the passport issued by another state is not in any way declared by this state to any other country's authority.
    Passport - no, fact of citizenship - yes. By the request of course.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:


  10. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanked: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Passport - no, fact of citizenship - yes. By the request of course.
    How so?!
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

    Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicY For This Useful Post:


  12. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    US/RU
    Posts
    128
    Thanked: 8
    On Forum Vinskogo, some said that it could be enforced upon exit at passport control. I don't know how true or even effective this would be, but I suppose they could easily ask to show a visa to the destination country if a visa is required to the destination that is. But really I think they could get this info easily from the airlines, since at any airline check in one has to prove their ability to enter the destination country, showing a visa, residency permit or passport for said country. This info could easily be forwarded to the authorities or passport control and since most countries require one to enter a country in which they hold citizenship for, as a citizen of that country and thus on that passport, this would likely help them if they had any suspicions.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to CaliforniaChic For This Useful Post:


  14. #23
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,646
    Thanked: 3615
    Just left fms, too early for info , was told to return in a month when everything should be in place.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:


  16. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanked: 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Just left fms, too early for info , was told to return in a month when everything should be in place.
    Really!!

    That's great considering we're leaving in a month - for another month! So, I take it, they fill fine or imprison me upon return?
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:


  18. #25
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,646
    Thanked: 3615
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Really!!

    That's great considering we're leaving in a month - for another month! So, I take it, they fill fine or imprison me upon return?
    I forgot, he also said. No fines will be issued until all is sorted.

    No prison, just get you to scrub clean graffiti off walls.
    Enjoy your holiday, so long away you could be considered a non resident

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:


  20. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Moscow/Stockholm
    Posts
    6,490
    Thanked: 105
    Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    Hmmm...One thing I am not sure about is how they are going to monitor all this. How do you know that your regular Marya Ivanovna is a dual-citizenship holder? It wouldn't be written across her face, would it? And the passport issued by another state is not in any way declared by this state to any other country's authority.
    When you travel, you show your Russian pass at the border. They see, there is no visa. So, they know
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to penka For This Useful Post:


  22. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Moscow/Stockholm
    Posts
    6,490
    Thanked: 105
    Quote Originally Posted by natlee View Post
    Really!!

    That's great considering we're leaving in a month - for another month! So, I take it, they fill fine or imprison me upon return?
    Nat, quit freaking out, please! No big deal. One can declare online or go to the nearest FMS office.

    When you were fixing a travel pass for your daughter, did you mention, she got another citizenship?
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to penka For This Useful Post:


  24. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanked: 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Enjoy your holiday, so long away you could be considered a non resident


    I wish!

    Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    Nat, quit freaking out, please! No big deal. One can declare online or go to the nearest FMS office.

    When you were fixing a travel pass for your daughter, did you mention, she got another citizenship?
    Am not freaking out but do make it a point to sort these things out timely.

    Oh no, the UK Passport Office nightmare I will leave for another thread! Let's just say we haven't gotten it yet, and the chances of us getting it before the planned travel... um.. I'll start a new thread!

    This I need to do for my eldest daughter whose father was born (to Russian parents) in the US so we thought, why not. Have yet to use the passport - it has been sitting in the drawer for years only taken out when it's time to apply for a new one Should start using it really!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:


  26. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 1
    For those who are concerned with this new law, here is a link with official information:

    http://www.rg.ru/2014/06/06/grajdanstvo-dok.html

    It will come into force in early august.
    If there is no solution, it is because there is no problem.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to upasuryaka For This Useful Post:


  28. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanked: 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by upasuryaka View Post
    For those who are concerned with this new law, here is a link with official information:

    http://www.rg.ru/2014/06/06/grajdanstvo-dok.html

    It will come into force in early august.
    Thank you!
    Go where you are celebrated not tolerated.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to natlee For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •