littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RF+Belorussia to form the common visa space

RF+Belorussia to form the common visa space

So, comrades, late enough but nevertheless good - as many of you expected, RF and RB will form the common visa space to allow third countries' citizens to move between them easily and w/o hassle, having one side visa.

http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/54f5c6fd9a79474d97135bd8
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    So, comrades, late enough but nevertheless good - as many of you expected, RF and RB will form the common visa space to allow third countries' citizens to move between them easily and w/o hassle, having one side visa.

http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/54f5c6fd9a79474d97135bd8
    Wow, Minsk....haven't been there for yonks....last time I had a visit to Horizont , MAZ and a few other places.....they made great TVs and tractors and a few other things.....crazy girls as well

Sounds great! Any idea when this will happen? I would love to visit Belarus

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    If you go there you have to see the remains of the old city, this was seriously destroyed during the war, the countryside is also very beautiful with some really nice villages and very friendly people .....beware of the local brews though

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    It just was in the program of meeting of Vovan and Bats'ka on Union State today. Will see, bureaucracy isn't fast thing...

But it's good to visit Minsk, good ppl there...
    All the world's Kremlin,

Does this mean if my latest RU visa attempt is unsuccessful I can hop over to the Belarussian embassy in future and sneak in via the tradesman's entrance?

Dadya knows which side the bread is buttered on

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1406801]So, comrades, late enough but nevertheless good - as many of you expected, RF and RB will form the common visa space to allow third countries' citizens to move between them easily and w/o hassle, having one side visa.

and if he needs help he will get it only from Russia. and not the EU or the USA.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and if he needs help he will get it only from Russia. and not the EU or the USA.
    That may be the case, but I'd see this as more advantageous to Belarus than Russia. For Russia, mostly irrelevant except for maybe security stuff, which they've probably figured out anyway.

For Belarus, requirement to get a Belarusian visa in addition to RF, and lack of Belarusian embassies (nowhere near the coverage of Russia) means a potentially large increase of foreign visitors, transit, etc. WOn't turn Belarus into a tourist haven but any increase in foreign visitors would be positive for BY)./

(Plus the previous 'customs union no border but different visa requirements' was an incoherent mess in administration. When I used to go a lot, it seemed the airport/border procedures in both countries were different every. single. time.)

Quote Originally Posted by bomzhara View Post
    Does this mean if my latest RU visa attempt is unsuccessful I can hop over to the Belarussian embassy in future and sneak in via the tradesman's entrance?
    If they do sync of immigrations (at least now they have MVD+MVD and FSB+KGB), I don't think you'll be successful... Why do you think your latest attempt will be faulty? Did you bring suitcases with cash to "poposition intellectuals" or to Dagestanian terrorists?
    All the world's Kremlin,

If they do sync of immigrations (at least now they have MVD+MVD and FSB+KGB), I don't think you'll be successful... Why do you think your latest attempt will be faulty? Did you bring suitcases with cash to "poposition intellectuals" or to Dagestanian terrorists?
    Nah just have dubious freelance employment status of the sort the embassy in London's probably not going to find convincing when they check up on it. I used tallinn to get new visas until december but ofc that's not possible anymore. Oh well I'm sure Belarus is just as enjoyable and I got a blank slate there! Or maybe even Moldova...

If a common visa space is introduced it will facilitate and improve speed of land travel from Russia to its closest European neighbours.
    Example: a fastest way to get from Lithuania to Moscow is use a nice belorussian highways and travel via Minsk. but! a Ecolines bus from Vilnius to Moscow now has to make a ridiculous extra 200 or 300 kilometers to pass through Latvian city of Daugvpils. You may ask why? because many users of that buses are EU citizens and now they need to get two visas to use the route via Belarus! So bus companies decide to enlengthen the route but feel safe and don't care about a passengers without a certain visa ....

It just was in the program of meeting of Vovan and Bats'ka on Union State today. Will see, bureaucracy isn't fast thing...
    Ohhh, that means we'd be able to visit with hubby ) If RB is within the same visa space, I guess those who do not need a visa to enter RF will also be treated the same on the RB's side? I sure hope so...
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

Although this may be good news for most foreigners, its not exactly good news for quite a few Russians. A lot of people who had their right to leave the country restricted (access to secret info, debts, minors whose parent forbid them to leave, etc.) are using Belarus as a gateway to the outside world, but now if the databases are united, the door will be almost completely shut (well, there's still the option of taking the train to Kaliningrad and getting off in Vilnius, but one needs a Schengen visa for that, so not very convenient for those travelling to non-EU states). Also for foreigners who were blacklisted by Russia but really need to visit it again, one could go to Belarus and sneak over, but now most likely people inadmissable to Russia will not be able to get a Belarus visa either.

It's always better to keep inside legal space, not balancing on borders/edges.
    All the world's Kremlin,

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    I guess this will take one or two years......no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast