English Nanny        British Lyceum in Moscow

Thread: Where to get this Certificate

Where to get this Certificate

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I'm in a same sex relationship with a Russian guy and we are intending upon having a Civil Partnership at a UK Embassy abroad where he doesn't need a visa. However, they need a Certificate of no Impediment for him but I understand they do not exist in Russia?

We've tried searching online but it doesn't say much. Does anyone have experience of this or know what/where or how we can resolve this. Is there a letter of some kind he can obtain. Can he do this locally? Any links?

Thanks for any help.

Congratulations,

It's so many years ago that the rules might have changed, BUT Russians, at least the ones married in Russia, get a stamp in there passports when they are married and a second stamp if and when they divorce - I think a notarized copy of my wife's passport was sufficient evidence of 'no impediment' at the time.
    The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Matt24 View Post
    It's so many years ago that the rules might have changed
    We never had and don't plan to have such "certificates" for the nearest future.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt24 View Post
    Russians, at least the ones married in Russia, get a stamp in there passports when they are married and a second stamp if and when they divorce
    This is true for internal passports only. Foreign (Zagran) passport has no marriage/divorce options, only children fields are available.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    This is true for internal passports only. Foreign (Zagran) passport has no marriage/divorce options, only children fields are available.
    That might mean he has to translate those pages in the domestic passport...provided there is ANYTHING to translate!
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.