littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: What's the best way to let an apartment in Moscow?

Altanya Guest

What's the best way to let an apartment in Moscow?

Hi there,
    does anyone have solid experience and/or background information about the best way to let/manage an apartment in Moscow?

My wife has this 2-room apartment near Kuntsyevskaya Metro Station that right now is in need of some serious refurbishing (north of 20K USD).

So, naturally, we are wondering what to expect if and when we decide to refurbish it. Is it possible to find mindful tenants who will not tear the place down after two months? Again, if you can report your own experience in similar matters, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, you have to keep in mind that my wife, although a native Muscovite, nowadays rarely travels to Moscow (maybe a couple times a year, maybe not even that much), so it would be quite a different situation if she were living there herself, we understand this.

Maybe someone has had interesting experiences with rental agencies and the such... I don't know, at this stage every well-meant suggestion will be very helpful.

The best way

The best way is to actually know somebody personally. There are no commercial apartment complexes in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Altanya View Post
    Maybe someone has had interesting experiences with rental agencies and the such... I don't know, at this stage every well-meant suggestion will be very helpful.
    Ask tzaritsa to help.
    http://www.expat.ru/forum/member.php?u=1752328757
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

i would do it this way

[QUOTE=Altanya;1312830]Hi there,
    does anyone have solid experience and/or background information about the best way to let/manage an apartment in Moscow?

read up on -serviced apartments in Moscow- sites like this,there are several, look what they look like, what they ahve to offer, what is needed:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...al_Russia.html

then do the max you can afford for remont. contact any addresses of agencies and make your offer. and theoretical they should/would take care of everything.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Altanya Guest
    Well, the refurbishing part is a problem as we are afraid to invest too much, since the building itself is nothing extravagant, nor is it located right in the center. I think for the time being, we'll go rather conservative about the whole thing and maybe some of my wife's old friends will be able to help us find a reasonable tenant...

if your place is near a Metro station

Quote Originally Posted by Altanya View Post
    Well, the refurbishing part is a problem as we are afraid to invest too much, since the building itself is nothing extravagant, nor is it located right in the center. I think for the time being, we'll go rather conservative about the whole thing and maybe some of my wife's old friends will be able to help us find a reasonable tenant...

and not to far out in the boondocks, for a decent place you always will find people here on expat. not everyone wants to live in the center or needs a jacuzzi and a 100 inch TV in each of the 5 toilets or store rooms....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Try airbnb.com. We travel a lot and mostly we rent places from 2weeks up to few months. At site you can find any kind of accommodation and plus site protects owners very much in different situation.