littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Help Regarding Student Visa

Help Regarding Student Visa

Hi Everyone,

I have been accepted in MGIMO for an undergraduate program.I want to ask that I have heard that getting Russian student visa is a very hard and lengthy process and since I am a Pakistani, It will be denied. Is it true?

And what are the work regulation for foreign students in Russia? As I would like to cover my leisure activities' expenses by myself.

And will I have to transfer my tuition fees before coming to Russia as I have heard that banks there don't accept payment from 17 years old? I am not that minor but still technicality applies.

Hope you hear from you all soon......
    Poka!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alinaqvi For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (21-08-2016)

Welcome to the forum, fresh meat

Quote Originally Posted by alinaqvi View Post
    getting Russian student visa is a very hard and lengthy process and since I am a Pakistani, It will be denied.
    Well, any consulate of any country may deny/reject any citizen of any country, w/o explanations
    There may appear some problems indeed as RF tries to avoid importing muslim radicalism, we have enough of domestic ones. But collecting all needed docs in advance and presenting them all together at submission helps. As far as I know we have no significant tensions with Pakistan now.

And what are the work regulation for foreign students in Russia? As I would like to cover my leisure activities' expenses by myself.
    AFAIK, you may legally work only where you learn, i.e. MGIMO itself and/or its divisions-affiliates. But many foreign students spit onto the restriction and work elsewhere. It may cause some problems, but who doesn't risk, doesn't drink champagne.

And will I have to transfer my tuition fees before coming to Russia as I have heard that banks there don't accept payment from 17 years old?
    Well, maybe depends on sum... I saw some teenagers who paid utility bills in Sber...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Is there any way to prove that I am not a radical Muslim?

I will have to transfer around 9000 Euros.

And I am also considering not to work as it will be very hard for me to study with full attention.

And I have heard that there is so much racism about Asian, although I am from Greek descent. But still just asking.

No, there isn't such way, moreover they masquerade very good
    Prepare your papers, visit RF consulate website, check what is needed for student visa, collect everything.
    9 kilooiros you may easily bring in the pocket by cash, it's only 18 thin papers by 500 oiro, but you'll have to claim them at customs. Another way will be to organise debit plastic card in one of big Pakistanian banks who has non-commission agreements for Russian banks, and withdraw money here in oiros, then exchange to RUB. Anyway you'll have to pay in RUB when you're on RF territory. Direct withdrawal of RUB is not profitable.

I can't say there is much racism, at least in Moscow. But, of course, sometimes it happens. I think Greeks or Pakistanians themselves who live in Moscow may tell more.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Hi Everyone,

Hope you hear from you all soon......
    Poka!
    According to the law on student visas, while classes are in session you may legally work only on campus. During school holidays and during the summer, you may legally work anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    According to the law on student visas, while classes are in session you may legally work only on campus. During school holidays and during the summer, you may legally work anywhere.
    But in the FMS's website, it is written that students can work outside but with a work permit.

Is it true?

But in the FMS's website, it is written that students can work outside but with a work permit.

Is it true?
    Yes, but how to get a work permit is a different question, it do not come together with a students visa.

Is it a difficult process or not? I am 17 years old. And will i need any type of guardianship?

Is it a difficult process or not? I am 17 years old. And will i need any type of guardianship?
    You will most likely first of all need to find an employer that want to do his part of the job for you to get a work permit.
    And frankly speaking I do not think many employers want to do that because they can easily find someone that will work without work permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    You will most likely first of all need to find an employer that want to do his part of the job for you to get a work permit.
    And frankly speaking I do not think many employers want to do that because they can easily find someone that will work without work permit.
    Thanks for the advice by the way what is the pay that an undergraduate student can expect?