littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Transfer of a work visa

Transfer of a work visa

I've found myself in quite a tricky situation and I am now a bit lost at my next steps. Firstly I should mention, I am an unfortunate teacher at an International school which has recently been in the Moscow Times. I haven't been asked to leave the country by anyone but the general consensus is that if I leave Russia I will get handed a 5 year ban at the border. I have a 3 year work visa and a valid work permit. I really really want to continue my stay in Russia and I have been offered a job at a different international school. My question is can I transfer my work visa to the new school without crossing the border? I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance,

Very confused and frustrated teacher.

Maybe having your passport stolen so that you could get a new would one help things. I don't know if it's you or your passport number that is on file at the FMS desk at the airport.
    Shearing piglets for too much sqealing and too little wool.

Hmm, I don't know what to do.

When I put in my details on FMS
    under 'Checking the existence of grounds for non-permission entry to the territory of the Russian Federation, foreign citizens and stateless persons under the FMS of Russia'
    It tells me nothing is detected.

Strange.

I got a solution for you

Hi,

I got a nice and solid solution for you.

Firstly leave the country NOT via any airport. The best would be to take a Belarus Transit visa and to leave via Belarus. No way they will put the 5 year Ban stamp in it. Outside of the country you'll get a new passport. (your visa history must be deleted) Then you get get a new workpermit and workvisa.

Pm me if you need any information about getting a 1 year workvisa.

My friend (US citizen) left her previous job and came to teach at the company where I worked. The director was able to transfer her with no problem - and without her needing to leave the country. On the other hand, a company I interviewed with insisted that I leave. It seems that if the school is willing to do it, there shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck and I'm so sorry you all got stuck in that situation in the first place.

One of my collegues left to a new job six months ago, he got a new work visa and work permit without leaving the country. Everything went smoothly.
    However, the replacement I hired had to leave the country to get a new visa.
    Both are American. The companies in question are both large Russian banks.
    My experience of the FMS is that the rules are not applied consistently.

I would say that if you are going to switch jobs a lot depends on the company you join and the relationship its HR has with the FMS. I think its 50/50 as to whether you'll have to leave or not.