littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: please help(visa for child)

please help(visa for child)

My wife has a Russian visa and visited the US and returned to Russia a month ago and now she wants to visit again and bring our child. The child will be out of school for the summer, so this is the best time for her first visit here. Anyway, my wife is doing the visa process and may have made an error on a form. She did form DS-160 and she was very sleepy when doing it and she is trying to remember if there was an area on the form in which she needed to write her own US visa number. If so, she may have written the wrong number. Apparently there is a long number at the top of her visa (control number?) and then a long number written in red near the bottom of the visa. She read somewhere that the control number is the number to use on a form and then in another place she read that the red number is the correct one to use. She submitted everything and is now afraid it is wrong and does not know what to do or even if there was a question asking for a number. She is confused and upset and I would like to calm her down if possible.

If it turns out that the form did ask for my wife's visa number and she wrote the wrong number, will she be able to correct it or will she need to submit a new application?

The site she consulted said that her child, being under 14, will not need to go through an interview process. Thank you for any help you can give

Try visajourney.com which has all forms and how to fill them out. also has a forum.
    "We're all mad here."
    Cheshire Cat

Thank you PJB. I saw nothing on the DS-160 form that asked for my wife's visa number, but she still isn't sure. She remembers looking at the visa and trying to decide which number was correct, so who knows?

Assuming she did put the wrong info, from what I'm reading it looks as though she would be able to contact the embassy and use her confirmation number in order to go in and correct the error, so hopefully that is true.

Whenever doing visa paperwork I always make a copy before I send it off just in case the receiver loses it, says I filled it out wrong or for what ever reason I must resubmit it. It also is useful to make filling out the application easier the next time.
    Good luck.
    "We're all mad here."
    Cheshire Cat

Thank you. I think she normally does all that, but maybe this time she was too sleepy. She had a friend to help her...incidentally that friend recently had a visa approved as well.