littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: HQS Dependent visa?

HQS Dependent visa?

Hello,

I am in Russia on a HQS visa, and as I understand it, it is possible for my fiancee to come here on my visa? (They just started the process with her visa, but I don't have any more information than "we have started")

I also read that if you're here on a dependent visa, you're allowed to work as long as you get a work permit from FMS issued by her "future" employer.

Have I somewhat grasped the whole picture, or have i completely misunderstood this?

Thanks for any answers!

This is right. But I'm not sure if it applies to your fiancee. If you're married for sure it does. Here's the link to a previous discussion on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by inorcist View Post
    This is right. But I'm not sure if it applies to your fiancee. If you're married for sure it does. Here's the to a previous discussion on the topic.
    Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure on the working part.

However, it is the visa that I am the most concerned about. For the last 2 years, weve been in a distance relationship and to be honest that has to come to an end now.

So, if we get completely shut down on the dependent visa, what other options do we have?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlj View Post
    So, if we get completely shut down on the dependent visa, what other options do we have?
    Private visa, you invite her.
    Tourist visa.
    Business visa, buy on the internet for 90 days.
    Or get married.

Or help her find a job in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Private visa, you invite her.
    Tourist visa.
    Business visa, buy on the internet for 90 days.
    Or get married.
    How does the private visa work?
    Shes had tourist visa, but we havent wanted to go through the hustle of registering so shes been here for 7 working days at maximum(so 11 days total)

Any good sites to recommend? How does that work with registering?
    Marriage is out of the question right now.

Quote Originally Posted by inorcist View Post
    Or help her find a job in Russia.
    Shes native english speaker, with credentials and teaching experience and speaks finnish, german and swedish, so we got some jobs down the line. But its easier for her to get a job while on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlj View Post
    How does the private visa work?
    http://www.ryssland.se/index.php/en/visas/private-visa-

Shes had tourist visa, but we havent wanted to go through the hustle of registering
    There is no hustle about the registering when on a tourist visa, the inviting part has the burden, just like all other visa type's.
    With private visa the inviting part may have to queue at the post office, but choose the right day and time and that burden is limit.

Any good sites to recommend?.
    http://www.ostwest.com/en/visa/ or h...d=43&Itemid=16
    How does that work with registering?
    Read on the web page.

Shes native english speaker, with credentials and teaching experience and speaks finnish, german and swedish, so we got some jobs down the line. But its easier for her to get a job while on the spot.
    Except that she most likely have to leave Russia to apply for the right visa for the work from outside Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    http://www.ryssland.se/index.php/en/visas/private-visa-

There is no hustle about the registering when on a tourist visa, the inviting part has the burden, just like all other visa type's.
    With private visa the inviting part may have to queue at the post office, but choose the right day and time and that burden is limit.

http://www.ostwest.com/en/visa/ or h...d=43&Itemid=16
    Read on the web page.

Except that she most likely have to leave Russia to apply for the right visa for the work from outside Russia.

Thank you for all the information!

As for work, if she was to get a HQS dependent visa all she has to do is apply for a workpermit. As I understood it.

Edit: First trouble encountered. They offered a 14 day tourist voucher.
    Last edited by Carlj; 22-05-2014 at 15:26.