littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: OK to exit-reenter all on same day???

OK to exit-reenter all on same day???

I'm one of those who is here with a business visa arranged prior to the October overhaul (thus, can stay 180 days to start with, but will only get 90 days registration on my return).

I need to do my 180 day exit/reentry in mid-February. Because of work demands I'd like to make this as quick as possible.

So my question is this: Is there any reason I can't fly out in the morning (e.g. to Riga) and fly right back in in the evening? Anyone done this? Or do I have to spend some amount of time away?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by th&vk View Post
    I'm one of those who is here with a business visa arranged prior to the October overhaul (thus, can stay 180 days to start with, but will only get 90 days registration on my return).

I need to do my 180 day exit/reentry in mid-February. Because of work demands I'd like to make this as quick as possible.

So my question is this: Is there any reason I can't fly out in the morning (e.g. to Riga) and fly right back in in the evening? Anyone done this? Or do I have to spend some amount of time away?

Thanks!
    interesting questions, hope someone can help

would you be back to moscow on the following day of your departure? ie. 1am ?

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post
    interesting questions, hope someone can help

would you be back to moscow on the following day of your departure? ie. 1am ?
    No, that's the thing ... I could fly to Riga and arrive 7:30 am and then take a night flight back and arrive Moscow 11:00 pm -- all on the same calendar day!

I've also thought about taking the train, and amazingly, I could end up with the same situation ... passing in and out of Russia all on the same day (e.g. 2 am cross the border out of Russia and 20 hours later, 10 pm cross the border back into Russia -- or something like that best I can tell)

Of course, I could just travel like normal people, and spend the night in Riga, which I understand is a lovely old city ... it's just a really hard time to miss even an extra day at work if it's not necessary ...

i have done this many times - take the bus/train over the border, hang out for a few hours and then catch the next bus/train back to moscow. never had a problem.
    ◀► ◢◤

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    i have done this many times - take the bus/train over the border, hang out for a few hours and then catch the next bus/train back to moscow. never had a problem.
    but is not this strange? do not you have to spend the night outside at least?

anyway sure th&wk will appreciate the good news

take care

Sal