littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Russia suspends operation of US GPS signal transmission stations as of June 1

Russia suspends operation of US GPS signal transmission stations as of June 1

It is not signal transmission but control/communications stations. Satellite signals won't be affected.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

An interesting move. So, Russia has decided to sanction itself? I have never minded using a comp**** I wonder what other Russians think. Any, can you explain what you mean?
    I would suggest we also ban computers and return typewriters. Preferably mechanical ones, to save on electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    I would suggest we also ban computers and return typewriters. Preferably mechanical ones, to save on electricity.
    No, typewriters were also invented by rotten West. We'll use goose quills.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    No, typewriters were also invented by rotten West. We'll use goose quills.
    You joke here, but I can see how that would drastically limit the power of the media to dominate people's minds. The people that voluntarily did this would become a people freer than any other in the long run.

You joke here, but I can see how that would drastically limit the power of the media to dominate people's minds. The people that voluntarily did this would become a people freer than any other in the long run.
    There is still TV and newspapers.

If these things are switched off, use of GPS in Russia will become substantially more unreliable, regardless of this being ground stations

Местоположение устройства с приемником определяется путем вычисления расстояния от него до нескольких спутников, расположение которых известно. Расстояние вычисляется измерением задержки радиосигнала - разницы между временем отправки сигнала со спутника и временем получения этого сигнала на Земле. При этом важно максимально точно определить координаты самих спутников - для этого и нужны наземные станции. Дело в том, что Земля не является идеальным шаром, поэтому прогнозировать орбиты спутников на продолжительное время невозможно: любые модели расчетов имеют погрешности и нуждаются в периодической корректировке с помощью наземных станций.

Читать полностью: http://top.rbc.ru/politics/13/05/2014/923522.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Delta268 View Post
    If these things are switched off, use of GPS in Russia will become substantially more unreliable, regardless of this being ground stations
    I guess we'll see more plane crashes in Russia when fuel runs out and not finding the airport when GPS is turned off.

use GLONAST

Quote Originally Posted by Delta268 View Post

the Russian System...
    have to learn the lingo of course?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    I guess we'll see more plane crashes in Russia when fuel runs out and not finding the airport when GPS is turned off.
    Since when GPS has became the basic nav system on airplanes?
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

the Russian System...
    have to learn the lingo of course?
    A repost of mine:
    Дмитрий Медведев неожиданно прибыл во Владикавказ, он наверно по своему новому навигатору с глонассом домой ехал...
    Le toubib m'a mis ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    An interesting move. So, Russia has decided to sanction itself? I have never minded using a comp**** I wonder what other Russians think. Any, can you explain what you mean?
    Ahh no Rl, I would never like a return to fat key banging fingers ......I prefer the long thin , piano playing type......fingers that is

Quote Originally Posted by sashadidi View Post
    A repost of mine:
    Дмитрий Медведев неожиданно прибыл во Владикавказ, он наверно по своему новому навигатору с глонассом домой ехал...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpcKfFrluls#ws