littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: 3-Year Russian Business Visa

quetzal Guest

3-Year Russian Business Visa

Okay, so I am going to try to put some closure to this.

Can you stay 6 months in and leave for a day or is it 6 months in and out?

So, ILS, the visa servicing place for the USA has changed their website 3 different times as far as I can count. The first just said you could stay for a period of 6 months before having to leave. Cool, no 180 day thing. Second change was disconcerning and said that you can only stay for 180 days PER YEAR. Well, damn, that is funny because if you real the visa agreement between the USA and Russia it says no such thing. Okay, now I checked it recently and that has been changed back to 180 day period. Not per year. Just 180 days as it should be according to the agreement between the USA and Russia.

And, yes, I have had this visa for over and year and just come and go. I've had no problems.

Also, yes you can register it for 6 months not just 90 days. Some FMS offices will it seems, some won't, some business will, some won't.

Things with the visa may change, but I never have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by quetzal View Post
    Also, yes you can register it for 6 months not just 90 days. Some FMS offices will it seems, some won't, some business will, some won't.

More info please ... under what circumstances have you been able to register for the entire 6 month period? So far, my colleague and myself have had to re-register at 90 days.

quetzal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frankjohn2 View Post
    More info please ... under what circumstances have you been able to register for the entire 6 month period? So far, my colleague and myself have had to re-register at 90 days.
    Twice, through services I've used. I think FMS just doesn't see many of these visas (some customs have been confused by it) and the register needs a good relationship with the office. The company I use now told me it'd be 3 months, but when it came I saw that it was 6 like my previous ones. They double checked and said yeah.

Also, if you are using a service, then get more money out of you having to register every three.

quetzal Guest
    Remember, people have been arguing about whether you can stay in the country for a year with leaving a day (even FMS doesn't know). FMS might just be messing with you because you are a foreigner and its more documentation, besides not getting the length of the visa (seriously), or any other reasons. If you are doing it yourself, fail, if you use any of the services on this board that I'm sure have been burned through, fail.

Good Luck, I bet a service that is more for business travelers could help.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    According to members who have posted on this site with the 3 year visas and the yanks I know off the site, you can stay 6 months and leave for a day and come back again for another 6....If you stay the whole year then you will be a tax resident and expected to pay taxes, that's why expats would leave after 180days.

I'm not sure how up to date it is, but you can read about taxes and the amount of days here.

http://expat.ru/s_taxes.php
    Last edited by Judge; 12-05-2014 at 12:23.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by frankjohn2 View Post
    Do you do this without having to leave the country every 3 months..

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Do you do this without having to leave the country every 3 months..
    Yes.

Truth be told, I'd like to find another agency to use in SPB ... maybe I will get lucky and get the whole 6 months. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Last edited by frankjohn2; 12-05-2014 at 12:33. Reason: Added question.