littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Where to go for a visa run for a US Citizen

Where to go for a visa run for a US Citizen

My understanding is that US citizens do not need to go back to the US to obtain a business visa. Therefore I am interested in what options I would have to get a 3 month business visa from a Russian consulate or embassy with a quick turnaround.

I understand that it's possible in Vilnius, however I'm not interested in going there (I am also not so interested to go to Riga or Tallinn).

I wanted to get a visa in Istanbul, however I was told that the Russian consulate there requires a 10 day processing time for US citizens. Unfortunately I don't have that much time to stay in Istanbul.....so that plan seems to have fallen through :-(

I saw somone had written about a 2 day service in Prague. Is that still available?

Also are there any other countries where the Russian embassies or consulates are offering a fast turnaround service?

Thanks is advance for your answers !

Zayets

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post

My understanding is that US citizens do not need to go back to the US to obtain a business visa. Therefore I am interested in what options I would have to get a 3 month business visa from a Russian consulate or embassy with a quick turnaround.

I understand that it's possible in Vilnius, however I'm not interested in going there (I am also not so interested to go to Riga or Tallinn).

I wanted to get a visa in Istanbul, however I was told that the Russian consulate there requires a 10 day processing time for US citizens. Unfortunately I don't have that much time to stay in Istanbul.....so that plan seems to have fallen through :-(

I saw somone had written about a 2 day service in Prague. Is that still available?

Also are there any other countries where the Russian embassies or consulates are offering a fast turnaround service?

Zayets
    I know you can do it in Bangkok but that might be too far for you to go..

Zayets
    Kiev!!! It will be .....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_JRGjc1To"]Nat King Cole, Unforgettable - YouTube[/ame]

All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Zayets
    WHY????????????????????????Why not Vilnius? For gods sake man, Vadim and Liga and Litamicus have connections, its simple, its very cheap. One damned day. Thats it. Been there 3 times. Easy as swinging a demon possessed blind worm into the Grand Canyon.

Ya, go to Vilnius. I'd go back and I don't even need those business visas anymore (got myself the three year private and it's been just dandy).

Quote Originally Posted by finnandcork View Post
    WHY????????????????????????Why not Vilnius?
    Because OP did not use the forums search function, if he had done he would had seen that a long time ago.
    But it is always easier to throw in your question without a search (and a lot of reading), comfort win every time.

forget it...

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1301104]Kiev!!! It will be .....

except for 300 000 ready meals the USA has not done anything for Kiev. Besides making some noise on TV or the United nations. They will find out quickly that the USA is a fair weather friend only. And let others pay the bills....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Personally, I prefer Tallinn. But then again, I am in SPB so it is closer.

I have gone to both Vilnius and Tallinn on multiple occasions and both are great.

Make arrangements with Liga Consultant and all will work like clockwork.

If you REALLY do not want to go to the Baltics, you could also go to Helsinki. You will need 10+ days if you go there however.