littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Documents for private visa

Documents for private visa

Hi,
    I hope soon to apply for a three month private visa for Russia. My wife will go with me to london to apply and write an invitation letter there as she is here with me in uk. and we will be going to Russia together.
    My question is does she need proof of ownership of her apartment, or is the stamp in her passport enough to say she is registered at her address in Russia? Or do they not require this information.
    Thanks in advance. Dave.

From memory, when my wife wrote the invitation at VFS Global in Gee Street, the staff checked her UK visa in her international passport and that was it. Then gave her a piece of paper for her to write the invitation on. A simple process but it did take 5 days for the invitation because they send it to Moscow to process. She MUST take her passport with the UK visa in it.

For your visa you need all original documents, especially your marriage cert. I remember this as we had a copy of ours and they would not accept it.

Your answer may be here http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/family.html

Hi thanks for your prompt replies. I'll let you know how we get on. Regards, dave.

Applied for private visa at gee street the other day, was quite painless. I noticed that a lot of people had to redo their application form. I can see why as one question said are you working, yes or no. I retired so put no. The guy said you have to put yes. Then put your previous work address then put retired?????
    The security guy was very helpful and gave people a lot of advice.
    My wife was with me so filled out an invitation letter, they checked both her passports. Job done.

Passport with visa received today. Job done.

Congrats !!! One less thing to worry about.